Internet Marketers, SEO and Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Marketers, SEO and Facebook

Funny. I have had a heap of students from one of our more exotic property educators (who sells an internet marketing program) friend me today.

They are creating 100's of Facebook Pages to either attract people to their page that contains affiliate links and/or increase SEO since google can spider pages. I am not 100% sure but I think what they are doing is breaching Facebook rules and I would guess most would be banned soon.

I suggested they buy my Facebook for Business eBook so they can at least have their pages look nice before they get banned.

Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

I dont believe its breaching the facebook rules at all, and may I suggest some of those pages are in the contruction process and may look "nicer" in the future, be interesting to see how they progress! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blub View Post
      I dont believe its breaching the facebook rules at all, and may I suggest some of those pages are in the contruction process and may look "nicer" in the future, be interesting to see how they progress! :-)
      Yeah - its a hard one. If you have a look at them they are purely talking about 1 particular product such as "Victorian Lamps", "Stiffel Lamps", "Jade Earrings", "Graco Travel Systems". Plus I know they are all students of this internet marketing software as most have the software name in their personal name - which is breaching Facebook rules. I know that for a fact.

Facebook a little while ago turned the affiliate marketing world upside down when they banned 100's of Facebook ads purely selling affiliate stuff so it maybe not breaching rules but if Facebook catches them I would bet you an ice-cream that they would instantly ban the pages and the admins.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Blub, you have been 'busted' maybe Marc wrote that to catch you out.

ha ha

Spritz

Comment

Marc, if they remove the software name from their user names it will no longer be breaching the facebook rules ?

Comment

Marc, if they remove the software name from their user names it will no longer be breaching the facebook rules ?
            Best to buy the book and find out.

I think its great people looking at other options to add to their income. I am not bagging Internet Marketing (hell I am doing it right now as well). I just think you need to play within the social networks rules to benefit.

Facebook is a real tough one and their algorithms at detecting breaches to their rules are very good.

Play smart.
            Last edited by Marc; 07-09-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Hmm... on second thoughts they might be breaching the rules.

I will need to review the Page guidelines again. I don't mess with Facebook and all the Pages we create for our clients are for their business and highly optimized for SEO and capturing fans then converting most to prospects automatically.

Will get back.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Working...
              X