Would a safe be useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a safe be useful?

Hotels like to use safes in the room as a selling point. Would having a safe in a house be a good selling point as well? Not one of those small ones but 300kg types that burglars can't just carry away.

Yes I guess it would as long be as long as it didn't detract from the house in some way. ie; being in the way or ugly or space used better another way
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Never seen one in a home - most people would just use a safe deposit box with their bank I should think. The hotels play on the fact that tourists feel more vulnerable and sometimes carry a fair bit of cash and variable.s - personally I never use them though - heard too many stories about theft from them :-)

From an investment point of view -what would a safe cost and how long will the increased rent take to pay it off - gut feel - unless its a house rented to millionaires its unlikely to create much demand (and therefore not any more rent).
      Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

I thought that too lissie but then I thought that there may be demand in the Asian/Indian market for it as those groups tend to have more cash and jewellery on hand. There were also media reports a while ago of these groups being targetted.

Comment

A Chubb Series 3000 Safe Size 4 (80 Litre) would cost about $2100. Big enough to put laptops, cameras, jewellery and such. Would probably need to charge $10 a week to break even in 4 years. But these things should last forever

Would this be better lure than a burglar alarm I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaint
            Would this be better lure than a burglar alarm I wonder?
            No. I thought you had an existing one. I certainly wouldn't buy one. In fact, I've had burglar alarms at 2 rentals and they have never been used in 8 years.
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

spend the money on an alarm or hrv type system instead if you want to see returns for your money

Comment

The last thing I would want is a safe in the home, Just having one makes for potential home invasion problems. For storage of valuables I use safety deposit boxes. The only practical use for a safe in a home would be for ammunition. Do you want tenants with fire arms in your home?
                The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

The only sort of safe I would be interested in would be a hidden one, definitely not a 300kg safe that would attract attention if visible!!

Regards
                  Aaron

Comment

Working...
                  X