• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well, since you are counting accountants you missed what appears to be 9 years at Deloitte which is the second (I believe) largest accounting firm in the country. Anyway, I just think it is a little unfair to judge the man before you have heard what he has to say. Of course I have the luxury of not looking to recommend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by blub View Post
    Once again Dean is rite, 2 or 3 yrs experience in anything is not enuf 2 b a expertguru and giv seminars on something
    Haha, zing .

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Well, since you are counting accountants you missed what appears to be 9 years at Deloitte which is the second (I believe) largest accounting firm in the country. Anyway, I just think it is a little unfair to judge the man before you have heard what he has to say. Of course I have the luxury of not looking to recommend anyone.
    Nowhere does it say he was a trust specalist accountant in those 9 years, best to stick with GRA or Garth.

I'm sure Davids very good at what he does.

But it would be interesting to see what experience he has when things go bad.
    I think this is the test, and this is why most people use GRA or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Anyway, I just think it is a little unfair to judge the man before you have heard what he has to say.
    LOL this is classic.....

Especially when posted on property talk........that made my day

Not sure I follow Halfempty?

It just struck me that this could be the home of "Strike them down before you have heard them say anything".

How many Seminars, events, ideas and strategies have met an early grave here before the presenter has stood on the stage.

There always cynicism on these forums around new education providers, which is unsurprising given the past experiences of some. The risk you refer to is therefore certainly there, but I think on the whole PT is usually sufficiently open minded with a new presenter unless there is some relevant information available. Richmastery, for example, had a significant number of supporters on these forums in the early days (though obviously less now ).

It is possibly a moot point since there are very few new education providers these days and any that do surface seem to have some association with an existing provider.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    [/B]So total legal experience 2 years??
    and 9 years of experience at a big 4 accounting firm.

More than enough experience to give an OVERVIEW of ownership structures. It isn't like he is claiming on being a Guru or anything.

I think it is interesting that you focus on trusts, something that has not changed significantly since the middle ages (and a requirement to know to become a Lawyer), yet you dont query his knowledge of the new qualifying companies regime, something that is so new, there isn't even draft legislation.

Did anyone go??

Starts at 7pm tonight CJ.

I also don't know why Dean implies there have been recent changes but we've already been down that path recently so I didn't bother revisiting it.

Thread Information