Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double garage - slab plans anyone?

hello!

just wondering if anyone here might have plans / specs for a double garage concrete slab?

regan

Ummm, what for?

Are you building a garage or just the slab? If you just want a bit of concrete, just pour a slab, no plans needed

If you're building a garage though, the prefab companies like Versatile et al have plans for their kitsets which they can lodge with the council. Otherwise you get an architect to draw it up.

But you may need resource consent before that...
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
      Ummm, what for?
      Otherwise you get an architect to draw it up.
      But you may need resource consent before that...

Concrete pad is for a garage.

If someone has plans already... then I won't need to get an architect to do anything.

Have found some already.

Comment

External garage or internal access garage? Anyway, from my experience... local council still requires you to have site plan, roof plan, floor plan, cross section, elevation, founation plan...etc

You wouldn't be able to get away with just a slab(foundation) plan...

Comment

Originally posted by simple78 View Post
          You wouldn't be able to get away with just a slab(foundation) plan...

Yes I know what is required. All I asked was if anyone had slab plans, that's all I needed.

Have them now thanks.

Comment

Just reviving this thread...

Would anyone have basic plans for a 6 x 6 concrete slab with thickened edge? (for a double garage).

I have an existing set of plans but the edge is 400mm thick with 2 x D12 rods around the perimeter (overkill). I believe Versatile and the like only pour a 100mm thick slab with a 200mm thickening with 1 x D12 rod.

Thanks to anyone!

Regan

Comment

Hello Regan

I am looking for the same thing. I am relocating an old garage onto one of my rental properties and need basic slab design.

did you find anything you'd be willing to share ?

Thanks John

Comment

Hey

We are also about to relocate a garage to our property and are stumped at the garage floor slab plans if anyone also has some we could use ?

Comment

Send me PM. I'll find some plans tomorrow. But you DO need to get BC for this

Comment

" But you DO need to get BC for this

um...you can build a platform under 1.5m high?

the relocated garage doesnt need consent only the work you do but if the platform/deck was already there???

Make sure you satisfy planning rules but.

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
                      um...you can build a platform under 1.5m high?

the relocated garage doesnt need consent only the work you do but if the platform/deck was already there???

Make sure you satisfy planning rules but.
                      I meant a garage not a slab for it

Comment

Originally posted by AlFa View Post
                        I meant a garage not a slab for it
                        ;prefabricated buildings dont need a consent? so does this not also apply to relocated building?
                        you only need consent for the building work you do (but platforms exempt) so if exempt then no consent required?

Comment

;prefabricated buildings dont need a consent? so does this not also apply to relocated building?
                          you only need consent for the building work you do (but platforms exempt) so if exempt then no consent required?
                          I raised this exact point on Orion's Facebook group and was told that while ordinarily a slab wasn't consentable, the additions required for it to be a garage foundation were.
                          My blog. From personal experience.
                          http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Would love to see how any Council will respond to such statement.

Comment

Hi AlFa, are you still willing to share those foundation plans? cant send you a PM as I am a new user. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X