The tenant said what......???!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tenant said what......???!!!!

I thought I'd start a thread on some of the "delightful" things that tenants have said to LL's.

"Why do you charge for a whole day of rent, when we didn't move in until 2pm?"

"I can't pay my rent this week, my mother died" (For the third time this year!!)

"I don't have money on my phone, so I can't pay my rent" (Huh??)

To Glenn - PLEASE post some of your best tenant comments. We need a laugh!!
    Last edited by essence; 11-07-2010, 01:08 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    Patience is a virtue.

The gardener tried to break into the house!

Comment

Potential tenant: I just want the address so I can do a drive by
      Landlord: Do you have a drivers licence or passport?
      Potential tenant:No. I just want to drive by and look.
      Landlord: No point, you can't prove who you are.
      Potential tenant: That's discrimination!

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

No, I won't give the code for the alarm I have just installed in your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
          Potential tenant: I just want the address so I can do a drive by
          Landlord: Do you have a drivers licence or passport?
          Potential tenant:No. I just want to drive by and look.
          Landlord: No point, you can't prove who you are.
          Potential tenant: That's discrimination!
          So - your saying that this person is not allowed to drive by on the road outside your property? How can you enforce that?

I may start up a thread about one-liners from landlords, starting with this one - thanks.

If you continue to not let potential tenants driveby to check out the area, and to look at the exterior of your property - let alone - God forbid - the inside - good luck in finding anyone suitable.....

Comment

Originally posted by baiba View Post
            So - your saying that this person is not allowed to drive by on the road outside your property? How can you enforce that?

I may start up a thread about one-liners from landlords, starting with this one - thanks.

If you continue to not let potential tenants driveby to check out the area, and to look at the exterior of your property - let alone - God forbid - the inside - good luck in finding anyone suitable.....
            Come on. Get reasonable. Easy to stop them doing a drive by. Don't give them the address.

Did you miss the bit about them having no positive identification?

Here's a one liner for you then .............

What part about no pets did you miss in the advert?

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Another one liner ...........

I see that you've indicated you're a non smoker on the application form (applicant reeks).

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

Potential tenant: "I'll take it!" (after inspecting the flat for 15 seconds)
                Me: "Okay, I just need you to fill out this credit check form"
                Potential tenant "Oh by the way I am bankrupt, do you think that would be a problem?"

Comment

Advertisement in paper states its a 2 bedroom unit -

Phone caller : "So can I see the house please?"
                  Me : "It's a unit."
                  Phone caller : "Right, how many bedroom does it have?"
                  Me : *sigh* "It's a two bedroom unit."
                  Phone caller : "So, it's not a three bedroom house then?"
                  Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Actual text received (verbatim): Gd mrn ng jayde hre is ur hous n nrth nb stl avail hw muc n advanc hav kash n whrabts is it alrte 2 driv past n hav a look thanx

My reply?

Please use English and resend.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                      Actual text received (verbatim): Gd mrn ng jayde hre is ur hous n nrth nb stl avail hw muc n advanc hav kash n whrabts is it alrte 2 driv past n hav a look thanx

My reply?

Please use English and resend.

Generation gap? it is actually understandable in text speak

Translation:
                      Good Morning Jade here. Is You House still available? How much in advance? Have Cash and where abouts is it? Allright to drive past and have a look? Thanks
                      The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Yes, I could understand it.

For the property, I expect tenants to be a little more polite. In my view, text speak is breaking down the language and lazy now that there are cellphones without the 160 character limit.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
                          Generation gap? it is actually understandable in text speak

Translation:
                          Good Morning Jade here. Is You House still available? How much in advance? Have Cash and where abouts is it? Allright to drive past and have a look? Thanks
                          Ntoice how wehn i jmuble the letetrs in my setnecne yuo can sitll raed it? Does that mean it's an acceptable way to communicate?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
                            Ntoice how wehn i jmuble the letetrs in my setnecne yuo can sitll raed it? Does that mean it's an acceptable way to communicate?

I don't think any of us Kiwis can criticise communication skills of any one when we are required to pass an Oral English test for a work permit to the UK.

As landlords are we in the business of assessing language/literacy skills or assessing the reliability of prospective tenants?
                            The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

As landlords are we in the business of assessing language/literacy skills or assessing the reliability of prospective tenants?
                              Th sld nto nrchy cntns.
                              "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                              X