Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet cleaning - Sth Auckland

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good professional carpet cleaning service.

My tenants think they may have fleas in the house.

The property is in South Auckland

Cheers

Thing is, there aren't 'human' fleas - if the house has fleas, then they have an animal there, and if they have an animal there then I would say it is their look-out re the flea situation.

If they are new tenants then there could be an issue as flea eggs can remain dormant for a long while. If so, I'd skip the carpet cleaner, and go straight to the aerosol 'bombs' that you leave to work whilst you head out for a couple of hours. In my experience (have cats, and fleas can be an issue) these seem to be most effective. Can be got from pet stores, diy stores and even Pack and Save, around $10 a go I think and you'd need at least 2 for a 3 bed house.

Comment

Cheers Wiz,

Actuallly the tenants are nurses and they reakon they picked up the fleas recently at the hospital.

I might tell them to do the flea bombs first and secondly do the carpet cleaning.

so if anyone knows a decent company pls let me know

thanks

Comment

For Carpet Cleaning, use WOW Carpet Cleaning. As above, use flea bombs which will sort the problem out. May take a couple of goes.

Comment

I 2nd pl's advice, a flea bomb will cost you 15 bucks, go over and do it yourself, problem solved. Getting tenants involved just confuses most of them.

FH

Comment

Originally posted by SwissTony View Post
            Actuallly the tenants are nurses and they reakon they picked up the fleas recently at the hospital.
            Tell me what hospital this was and remind me never to go there again!!

FH

Comment

Tell me what hospital this was and remind me never to go there again!!

FH
              haha, I assume it was Middlemore. But it was probably one patient there who had fleas rather than the entire hospital being flea-ridden!

Lets hope so anyway

Comment

Working...
              X