No announcement yet.

Councils Holding the Country to Ransom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John - where do I sign. If you can ensure my insurance, building repairs interest rates (well they may look after themselves) and ALL other costs as well as guarantee that all tenants will pay rent on time in full and pay for any damage they might cause then we can discuss your request.

What a muppet

Comment

• Then further down, he played the moral card:
      Tamihere also said he would call on Auckland landlords to pass on the savings from the rates freeze, as well as low interest rates, by freezing rent increases for three years.
      Landlords couldn't be forced to do so but he was providing "moral leadership" that property owners should follow, he said.

Concerns me he wants to sell Watercare.

Comment

• Fu*king idiot.

Just saying whatever he things he needs to say to get elected.

Pompous fool in my opinion.

And of course Goff promised to keep rates increases to 2.5% and cut costs, and lied on both accounts.

Craig Lord looks pretty good to me. Seems pretty sensible and down to earth.

But of course the lazy media are painting it as a 2 horse race.
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• lyin len

never went after the cost savings he promised

so he won't be getting my vote

on the basis of JT's promise to lock rates for 3 years he'll get mine

in the absence of anyone more likely to win
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

• And a freeze on ACC fat cat staff in the top pay brackets, too?

Comment

• and this is how and why councils end up making the decisions they do.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/115...ithout-contest

This could be a early look at next generations Twyford

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                and this is how and why councils end up making the decisions they do.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/115...ithout-contest

This could be a early look at next generations Twyford
                One person example means they are all the same?
                As bad as media portraying all LLs as evil because a few are.

Comment

• Not sure if you bothered to read the article Wayne to save you the click

'Stacey Rose is one of five candidates for the Bay of Plenty Regional Council Tauranga Constituency who were elected unopposed.
                  That's almost half the council.'

Half the council elected unopposed - hmmm seems like we have a depth of talent in council

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                    Not sure if you bothered to read the article Wayne to save you the click

'Stacey Rose is one of five candidates for the Bay of Plenty Regional Council Tauranga Constituency who were elected unopposed.
                    That's almost half the council.'

Half the council elected unopposed - hmmm seems like we have a depth of talent in council

My point is that you imply this happens all over and is the reason councils make poor decisions.
                    How many councils does this happen too (doesn't happen in Hamilton) and what is the correlation between poor decisions and councils who have many councillors elected unopposed?

Comment

• Right. I wasn't clear on your point. However I enjoy your irony of calling out my one article/one council example as not being representative before using your one council (Hamilton) example of it not happening.

I'm watching from the cheap seats on the run up to the elections and it's hard to say that there is a line out the door of high performing people with real results looking for a seat on any of the councils.

Comment

• "Councils never really grasped pre-fab houses . . . they are very risk averse; they don't care what costs they make you incur provided there's not one tiny shred of possible risk that they are taking."

have you defeated them?
                        your demons

Comment

• Problem is that if anything does go wrong the Council gets the bill - and of course passes that on to their insurance company.
                          Said insurance company then scrutinises the claim in minute detail looking for an 'out' to decline the claim.
                          So the system is to blame, not realy the Council.
                          The on;y solution is to remove Council liability - if you buy a car or a shirt and it has faults you dont claim on your local Council, so why should you if you buy a house?

Comment

• if the law was properly applied then the council would embrace prefab as there is no liability for their construction (for them) as they are not building work under the building act,

I agree with you re liability remove council liability and stop the legal rorts that rely on council as last man standing (which makes claims viable)

Comment

• Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                              Problem is that if anything does go wrong the Council gets the bill - and of course passes that on to their insurance company.
                              Said insurance company then scrutinises the claim in minute detail looking for an 'out' to decline the claim.
                              So the system is to blame, not realy the Council.
                              The on;y solution is to remove Council liability - if you buy a car or a shirt and it has faults you dont claim on your local Council, so why should you if you buy a house?
                              Yes I agree with this. Need builders to insure their projects.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Top council boss didn't act on concerns her most senior staff deliberately kept councillors and the public in the dark to control "messaging".

Allegations that senior Christchurch City Council staff manipulated reports and deliberately kept negative information secret were not taken seriously by the former chief executive, a damning report has found.

The leadership and culture at the organisation, including its senior leadership team, has been heavily criticised by chief ombudsman

"We must be open and transparent with our information.

We must respond to elected members and the public in an open and honest way – I will be driving a culture change through all levels of our organisation."

hopefully the new chief executive with be better able to keep this exact same promise

than the last chief executive

and also the current prime minister
                                Last edited by eri; 14-11-2019, 05:14 PM.
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X