No announcement yet.

Landlords are greedy scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's the typical "landlord's are scum" attitudes that are quickly reported in the papers.

They (tenants, tenant's advocates, media, tax working group, politicians) forget about the day to day nonsense that LL's have to put up with.

Don't say "That's the cost of doing business". That's bovine scatter.

In any other industry, if the customer absconded without paying for clothes, left household rubbish lying around, didn't pay for work done or clothing taken, it would be reported immediately as "look who's ripping me off".

There seems to be a huge blindspot when it comes to property investing.

Maybe Glenn, you ought to get hold of a TV crew and take them through a week of "problems" to show how easy it is being a PM and LL.

I doubt there would be any takers for that idea.
    Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I'm still driving my 13 year old 4WD. I did like the look of a Ford Territory but I found out that they have a nasty issue with wheels falling off at inconvenient times.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Hi Glenn

Yep all fair comments, although after reading your posts for years I think our markets are slightly different, and thus the tenants are different too.

I don't no how you have kept sane for so long. Does make great reading though, I am sure you have a great book in you there! I'd buy it.

Cheers

LK

Comment

WHO SAID GLENN IS SANE!!!

Actually many of you probably don't know the amazing amount of work Glenn also does for the Nelson PIA. It is one of NZ's best associations and Glenn puts a huge amount of time and effort into running it.

Thanks Glenn
          Last edited by Perry; 21-05-2010, 06:56 PM.
          Andrew King,
          Too many tenants in your property? Hire a sleepout from Cabin King and increase the rent
          NZ Property Investors' Federation

Comment

That's bovine scatter...
            I love it. That's going to be my new favourite phrase!

Maybe Glenn, you ought to get hold of a TV crew and take them through a week of "problems"
            My thoughts exactly when I read his post. Where are the news crews when the tenants have buggered off, leaving us to toss out bags and bags of smelly rubbish, and to pick up maggots off the carpet from underneath?

When we have to remove the urn full of cremation ashes that the uncaring daughter left behind?

When we're wiping down the scummy walls covered in fly spots and other identifiable crap?

And when we're tossing out pans of food that have been left on the stove for weeks and are now covered in such a thick layer of fluffy green mould that the original contents are unidentifiable?

And who is paying for the entire house lot of curtains that are needed and the repairs to the curtain rails and moulding damaged when the tenants ripped them down because they decided that what few rent payments they DID bother to make entitled them to the curtains as a bonus?

Rant over.....
            Lisa

Comment

There was a one-shot TV series called 'Renters' (I think) that did this - whatever happened to that?
              DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                WHO SAID GLENN IS SANE!!!

Oh Andrew you do make me blush. For that comment you better come and and talk again at one of our meetings.

Today I was dragged away from WINZ where I was arranging a house for three insane (non PC for mentally ill) men to talk to Radion NZ about the tax changes. I said to the nice reporter how on earth do you expect me to intelligently talk about the budget when I have been working too hard all day to listen to the budget.
                Tomorrow morning I have an interview booked with the local newspaper on the same subject. At least by that time I will have been able to get my thoughts together and make some slightly more intelligent comments.

The comments I made to RNZ (might not get to air) was how come the Govt is picking on us. Landlords are the last bastian of morals, and society's standards. The police and the local authorities frequently ask assistance to remove bad types from an area. Just try getting an accountant or dairy farmer to do that for society.
                We are the good guys, the public should love us, not hate us.

There see you are right I am competely mad thinking I am normal and good.

Comment

Jees, what a bunch of MCPs y'all are.
                  How come the greedy scum are all
                  LLs, as in lords, instead of ladies?

Comment

Originally posted by win8 View Post
                    Wat else can a tenant think wen the landlord collects rent money he parks his $90K rangerover next to the tenants 1996 toyota corolla.
                    Blood sucking greedy scum would be a more accurate description for a landlord.
                    I drive a 1996 van with roof racks and a tow bar fitted ,hardly a luxury vehicle, 1 of my tennants drives a car worth far more than mine and the other tennant has a car worth about the same as mine ,and so what if some guy has a range rover , he might not have necesarily got it from rentals , with an attitude like yours I cant see how you get by in life , perhaps you just need to pull finger and work harder and then get yourself a range rover

Comment

Because all landlords assume they have a right to invade the privacy and peace of another human being and their family, namely, their tenants. Some tenants like myself and my family are quiet, repectful, fair, clean, tidy, friendly, generous and professional, who have done more than our fair share for the landlord, and now want to just pay the rent and get on with living here without being harrassed, and to not have to fix things ourselves here that were broken before we moved in, that the LL hid from us.

Comment

Are you British?
                        Last edited by Perry; 08-07-2010, 03:47 PM.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                          Are you British?
                          Obviously not one of my tenants, they never see me unless they ask for something or it's property inspection time

Comment

Originally posted by baiba View Post
                            Because all landlords assume they have a right to invade the privacy and peace of another human being and their family, namely, their tenants. Some tenants like myself and my family are quiet, repectful, fair, clean, tidy, friendly, generous and professional, who have done more than our fair share for the landlord, and now want to just pay the rent and get on with living here without being harrassed, and to not have to fix things ourselves here that were broken before we moved in, that the LL hid from us.
                            I find it offensive when you say all land lords are like that , Im not my tennants and I have a great relationship , the only time I go around is when they ask for something to be fixed , it might be your home but its your LL house and he has the right to check it occasionally with due process before hand and if you think its not fair then either get another rental or pull finger and buy your family a home .
                            that said can i generalize about tenants now ,all you guys need inspections because of the way you treat our property and you guys cant buy your own houses cause youve spent all your money on smokes and booze and 42 inch plasma TVs .............not nice when people generalize and lump you all together is it

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                              Are you British?
                              No - born and bred NZ.

Comment

We use property managers which provides a nice distance between us and the tenants.....I think the tenants prefer it too.

Cheers,

Donna
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X