What checks do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What checks do you do?

This has been interesting for us. We have drawn up our own application form for prospective tenants asking the normal things, name, address, dob, employer, prevoius landlords etc and also ask for permission to do a credit check. I am able to do this at work via Baycorp with my employers permission

Interesting case today when doing reference checks, three prospective adult tenants all living together applying collectively for the one property I have advertised, referee checks with employers and previous landlords all excellent. However credit check with Baycorp extremely poor, several defaults, lots of enquiries via finance companies, and one, no credit rating as judged insolvent. What would you do, offer them the place, their references are good? But the credit check says otherwise.

We have choosen not too and have moved to our second choice of tenants?

How do you know their references are real?

I think you made the right choice.

Comment

The references were me actually phoning the previous landlords and current employers - so they are real.

Comment

Originally posted by unhinged View Post
        The references were me actually phoning the previous landlords and current employers - so they are real.
        So you know the people you spoke to were actually previous landlords and current employers?

I'm just skeptical and thinking they may have given you phone numbers for some smooth talking mates.

Comment

Credit checks aren't always a good indicator. I've had excellent tenants who had a terrible credit history. If you get them all signed as tenants, at least you have 4 income streams to chase if they take off!
          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by unhinged View Post
            What would you do, offer them the place, their references are good? But the credit check says otherwise.
            Eight week fixed term tenancy.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
            X