Post NEW THREAD ICON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post NEW THREAD ICON

I've emailed Donna as to where I can find this icon on new posts, so I can post a new thread myself. Ive found this one in the coffee club, BUT, I must be either stupid or BLIND, because I cant find it anywhere else. When I log in, I go to New Posts, and wanted to start a NEW THREAD, how do I do this.

can you take a screen snapshot to show us what you mean?
    I dont understand sorry.

Comment

I know what he means. There's no "post new thread" button anywhere except on the categories pages. Anyone using the forum by clicking on the new posts button wouldn't ever see how to post a new thread.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Thank you drelly, your onto it. Thats exactly what I mean. If I log in and say either go, new posts, or, quick links and click on todays posts, theres no " post New Thread Button icon" as they state in their user cp.

Comment

When you go into General Forum Usage, and go to Forums Threads And Posts, it says that there is a "New Post Icon" to start a new thread, there isn't one though.

Comment

The post new thread icon is in every forum - e.g. go to New Zealand and click on 'property investment' forum and you see the 'new thread' icon just under the icons for Facebook (F), FF etc.

You need to be in the correct 'topic' forum before you can create a thread of discussion.

Cheers,

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by egan123 View Post
              When you go into General Forum Usage, and go to Forums Threads And Posts, it says that there is a "New Post Icon" to start a new thread, there isn't one though.
              I'm not sure where you are referring to but...

To create a new thread, you have to first nominate which subforum you which the thread to appear in (eg 'Tenant Stuff(NZ)', 'Coffee Lounge' 'General NZ' - or whatever).

If you are displaying the 'New Posts' screen, then the easiest way is to scroll down to the bottom until you see the 'Forum Jump' droplist. Choose the forum that you wish to create the new thread in (eg General (NZ)).

This will display a list of recent threads in that forum. You should now see the 'New Thread' button at the top.

The key is to select the forum first.

BTW - if the quote above is from some instructions that you have found somewhere then they obviously need updating. It would be good if you could provide a link so that we can amend them.
              Lisa

Comment

here is the view I was talking about.......

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Thank you donna, got it now. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X