Is there a wellington PI Association?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a wellington PI Association?

i had a look on their website, and sent them an email, but I have not got a reply yet, so is there acatually a PIA for wellington?

Give it some time, they do respond but took a week to get back to my email.

Comment

capital and wellington

there are two assoications down here capital and wellington both have monthly meetings etc.

Comment

Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Which Association did you email and did you get a reply? If you did not get a reply from Capital PIA, please email [email protected] and we'll find out where it got to.

Comment

is there a Wellington PI Association?

Hi there certainly is! Try Wellington Property Investors Association - our next meeting is on 28 June at The Wellington School of Architecture from 7:00pm. Martin Hawes is our keynote speaker and will advise us how we Survive and Thrive after the budget. Go to our website to register for your tickets.

Comment

Anyone care to enlighten me ass to WHY there are 2 associations in Wellington?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin McCandless View Post
                Anyone care to enlighten me ass to WHY there are 2 associations in Wellington?
                It's a long story. Ply me with beer one evening and I can tell you what I know

The short version is that it all started when Wellington PIA had a falling out with NZPIF and decided to leave the federation.

The next bit I know less about but a group decided to set up Capital PIA and align with NZPIF. Some or most or all of these people were at one point members of Wellington PIA.

Since then Wellington PIA has rejoined NZPIF.

or the even shorter version - someone got upset with someone else and had a falling out x 2

Comment

So now we have 2 associations completing for the same members in one territory and dividing their resources and doubling their overheads.

How does this benefit the members?

Comment

So now we have 2 associations completing for the same members in one territory and dividing their resources and doubling their overheads.

How does this benefit the members?
                    Well for one thing there is competition so it helps keep the fees down.

The two associations were quite different when I belonged to both. This may have been changed but one was largely long established investors who were well established and had a strong focus on how to be a landlord.

The other group was full of "new starters" and was more focussed on how to invest and get started.

Comment

A mix of both would surely be best for the members.

Newbies need to learn to be landlords too, and oldies are always buyer more (or selling it to newbies)

Comment

A mix of both would surely be best for the members.

Newbies need to learn to be landlords too, and oldies are always buyer more (or selling it to newbies)
                        Why would a newbie need to learn to be a landlord when there are excellent property managers out there?

Comment

touche!

Maybe to learn just how good they are?

Comment

touche!

Maybe to learn just how good they are?
                            I thought you'd appreciate that

You only need to talk to a tenant or investor who has dealt with q******c to find out what not to do

I had a cold call recently from that company after I advertised a property on Trade Me. They promised to email me information. The email turned up days later - minus the attachments they referred to in the email.

Comment

Yup - they cold called me too....... I pointed out that I WAS the property manager

Comment

Working...
                              X