Knives out at Investors Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martyparty View Post
    but a bit loose on the emphasis. Have nothing to do with investors forum, but can see how these syndicates can be useful. I don't think the investors in the story can complain, given that:

1) property development is not a risk free investment
    2) no one guaranteed a double digit return
    3) no one actually lost money, they still made $$$$$
    4) the reduced profit was due to factors outside investors forum control

i think communication may have been a bit slow from the story, but from experience, the situation with any development can be very fluid, especially in the lead up to granting of resource consent up to final completion.

As for risk sharing, this is always going to be a controversial issue. Arguably it appears from the story that the investors forum take on a lot of the risk upfront, doing the preliminary and preparatory work before approaching its members. It is fair that the investors take on some risk too if they in effect become joint venture partners, and recognising the work that was done before they got involved.

Your sentence above; "no one actually lost money, they still made $$$$$"

I'm sorry but my parents did not gain one cent from investing with dan mcewan - instead they lost their life savings and now at the age of 55years they are starting again from scratch - he was very slick at his seminars which i did attend - everybody looked at him as if he was a god.. The only people that ever gained $$$ was himself and his right hand man
    Last edited by NBrowne; 16-04-2009, 04:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
    X