X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponge Bay thread disappeared?

Thread has disappeared?

The thread has been removed by the moderators for consideration, as has the Perriam Cove thread.

As announced here, the moderators are working to clean PropertyTalk up, and this is one of the threads that has been identified as needing attention.

On behalf of the PT Moderators,

Paul.

Comment

Comment about moderation and disappearing Sponge Bay thread

I noticed too that the Sponge Bay thread has disappeared, and that others have already commented on that here: http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...151#post211151
      Funnily enough the above thread is also closed, so I cannot add my own comment to this issue, therefore I now had to start a new thread just to do that... not helpful for keeping PT clean but I have to say the following:

I highly respect the moderators who are devoting their spare time to PT, but I think lately the moderation is going too far. My point is that if PT is to be an informative site, then it doesn't help that some of the most informative threads are removed just because they might contain some personal banter. I think some of the mud slinging that appears around here is actually very informative and important as a warning for newbies - which I suppose PT is really all about.

I'm not taking side with anyone in the ongoing Sponge Bay development, but it is a great example and I considered the Sponge Bay thread very informative, perhaps even because of the personal banter going on there. It shows exactly what kind of risk, delays, frustration, confusion and ultimately mud slinging, can be the result of buying into developments. Developments is one of the ways people can either get burned very badly or make easy money. IMHO that is an important thread and it should certainly be left unmoderated.
      I personally consider honest unfiltered information much more important than political correctness, especially when it comes to investment decisions which I guess must be the whole point of PT.
      Last edited by Rolf; 18-03-2010, 11:44 AM.
      High resolution Fractal Art on quality canvas: www.FractalArt.co.nz

Comment

I agree Rolf. Moderators, bring back that thread please.

David
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I believe we have heard all we want to hear about Sponge Bay, the development has been completed all consents etc by the council have been issued, there is no longer any need for talk on it at all. If indeed this website has been threatened with legal action by the developer over the contents of posts to this forum regarding it, it is just another sign that the issue is dead and buried and should remain so.

Comment

Maybe it is time for PT to stick up a disclaimer that everyone needs to click through to access the site.

Comment

I thought it was a very good lesson/warning for people who are often tempted to buy bare sections in locations they know little about.
              This is a common mistake that has caused the downfall of many an investor. The sales material is always oh so good and persuasive. But not many have deep enough pockets to play that game.

Threats about being sued are scary. Especially coming from you know who.
              However – good luck with that in front of a judge arguing over peoples opinionated posts!

Anyone want to be a developer??
              Last edited by PC; 18-03-2010, 12:41 PM.
              The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by WBuffett View Post
                I believe we have heard all we want to hear about Sponge Bay, the development has been completed all consents etc by the council have been issued, there is no longer any need for talk on it at all. If indeed this website has been threatened with legal action by the developer over the contents of posts to this forum regarding it, it is just another sign that the issue is dead and buried and should remain so.
                That's a most unusual argument. Should every thread relating to an issue that may have been resolved then be deleted? I wonder how many threads would be left. Is that seriously what you mean?
                High resolution Fractal Art on quality canvas: www.FractalArt.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                  I noticed too that the Sponge Bay thread has disappeared, and that others have already commented on that here: http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...151#post211151
                  Funnily enough the above thread is also closed, so I cannot add my own comment to this issue, therefore I now had to start a new thread just to do that... not helpful for keeping PT clean but I have to say the following:

I highly respect the moderators who are devoting their spare time to PT, but I think lately the moderation is going too far.

snip.....

I personally consider honest unfiltered information much more important than political correctness, especially when it comes to investment decisions which I guess must be the whole point of PT.

Totally agree Rolf.
                  Not that I have a lot to say, but recent events have left me feeling resentful gagged and intimidated.
                  Unsure if I should even post this...

HermanZ

Comment

The Sponge Bay thread and some others have been disabled while the Moderators and website owners consider their legal obligations.

Edit: I have combined two threads since they were on the same topic.

Please respect the reason we have had to do this and not create further threads on the topic.
                    Last edited by CJ; 18-03-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Lega threats

I would hope that people can back off for a time from the moderators and channel operators regarding certain threads that are closed. There are legal issues at stake and I am sure none of those complaining about the closed threads would want this channel closed down permanently, so I would hope they could back off for a time till this is resolved one way or another.

Comment

Well, that about takes the cake -- moderators decimating the website for the sake of a few whiners; possibly the very same whiners who foolishly post under their real names -- and then they have the nerve to blame the rest of us for looking. What are we supposed to do?

Also, without quantifiable damages the whiners have no suit. Plaintiffs/whiners will spend a bunch of money only to be told by a judge to go take a hike. The law is blind – not stupid! So, good luck throwing empty threats at PT posters.

Sheesh, I thought this was supposed to fun!

Comment

Sheesh, I thought this was supposed to fun!
                          So did I. Instead, moderation has become a tiring, unrewarding chore trying to keep everyone happy.

As CJ stated, we haven't decimated anything. We have removed threads for review. That means it being reviewed.

I have moved WBuffet's new, related thread into this one. As CJ requested, please allow us to do our 'jobs' without creating more work by creating more threads on the same subject.
                          Lisa

Comment

Working...
                          X