• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

They are supposed to be leveling the playing feild, not leveling the country. In a sick kind of way it is kinda funny that the future of tax reform in NZ has been put together by these 13 clowns, as discribed by Eri so well above.

Its awsome that while every other country in the world subsidies its public housing these guys have discovered now that we don't need to. Hopefully they have found a way to increase rents via market distortion, that we as property investors have failed to do. Good on them, they might not be totaly useless.

Sorry for posting on wrong thread. I can't find the relevent thread I originally read. A while ago I read comments on proposed changes in next budget concerning PI. The suggestion was to e-mail John Key, and there was some discussion about expected replies. Anyway about a week ago I emailed John Key. More than 80% of my e-mail was against the attacks on property investors and how if we are worse off after the budget for trying to invest for our retirement, our family will no longer be National voters. Less than 20% of my e-mail supported the proposed GST changes.

Guess what their reply focussed on? Here is the reply recieved 1 week later:-

On behalf of the Prime Minister, Hon John Key, I acknowledge your email concerning the proposed increase in GST.

As the issue you have raised falls within the portfolio responsibilities of the Minister of Revenue, I have forwarded your email on to the office of Hon Peter Dunne for his consideration.

Regards,
    Briane Smith
    Private Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister
    Last edited by revdev; 26-02-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: quote

Hopefully that means property is off the agenda.

Wishful thinking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfway To Paradise View Post
    Sorry for posting on wrong thread. I can't find the relevent thread I originally read. A while ago I read comments on proposed changes in next budget concerning PI. The suggestion was to e-mail John Key, and there was some discussion about expected replies. Anyway about a week ago I emailed John Key. More than 80% of my e-mail was against the attacks on property investors and how if we are worse off after the budget for trying to invest for our retirement, our family will no longer be National voters. Less than 20% of my e-mail supported the proposed GST changes.

Guess what their reply focussed on?

Here is the reply recieved 1 week later:-
    On behalf of the Prime Minister, Hon John Key, I acknowledge your email concerning the proposed increase in GST.

As the issue you have raised falls within the portfolio responsibilities of the Minister of Revenue, I have forwarded your email on to the office of Hon Peter Dunne for his consideration.

Regards,
    Briane Smith
    Private Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister
    I got the same email after i sent an email to Johnny Key.

GST increase to 15%
    Stop people using investment loses to get WFF
    Stopping depreciation on rental properties

There seems to be a lot of pressure on John Key to make sure everyone gets a decent tax cut. This suggests the depreciation changes might be quite big.

Should be interesting.

Thread Information