Half the tenants moving out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half the tenants moving out

Just wondering if someone can inform me of how this works...

Signed up 2 couples in one property on a periodic tenancy. 1 couple wants to move out after 2 weeks of living there (I suspect their friendship has ended for some reason).

Can 1 couple give me notice to leave and therefore this leave the remaining tenants to either leave, stay as they are or find someone else, or is it something that has to be sorted out with all of them or do they give me the notice?

Normally use fixed term tenancies but shying away from these except in the cases of students.

Thank you!

Do you want to keep any of them on?

Let's assume you want the remaining ones to stay on. Get a termination letter preferably signed by all tenants and then sign a new tenancy agreement with the remaining tenants. Get the remaining tenants to pay out the leaving tenants their share of the bond. Ensure you get a change of tenants bond form signed. Transfer all the bond into the remaining tenants names.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

If all of the four people signed the tenancy agreement and two wish to leave then they are requesting termination of that tenancy and should give the appropriate notice.
      It's your call if you wish to hold them to this.
      If, by agreement, you terminate the existing tenancy without insisting on the legal notice period and sign up the remaining couple on a new tenancy, then you can do this.
      Certainly the current bond issue needs to be sorted and a new bond paid along with the new tenancy.

Comment

Working...
      X