Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Auckland: Proposed changes to the RTA and implications for landlords

Tue 2 February 10
    7pm arrival for 7.30 start Main Hall, Taitamariki Girl Guides Hall, 8 Auburn Street, Takapuna (opposite Como / Auburn Street junction down driveway)
    $5 cash entry for APIA members and $15 for non members

The North Auckland group would like to invite you all to a much anticipated meeting with leading tenancy lawyer, Scotney Williams, of Tenancy Practice Services.

Scotney will speak to you about the current proposed changes to the Residential Tenancies Act and how these changes, if effected, will affect you as a landlord. This is a must attend for serious landlords. Understand how the law affects you and your tenants in order to establish and maintain an effective tenant management strategy and save yourself future hassles.

More information on this meeting and Scotney Williams to come in early 2010. Stay tuned to this page and mark the date down in your diary now!

Thanks for this announcement APIA.

Will you be so kind as to extend the $5 entry to all NZPIF members, given the importance of these changes?

Regards,

Paul.

Comment

Hey Paul,

Unless they changed the rules, all NZPIF members can go to APIA meetings as a member.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Cheers Dave - I can tuck that $10 note back in my wallet.

Comment

Do check for sure though, as I haven't been involved in the PIA's for a couple of years now.

Comment

If APIA extend the invitation for entry at to other PI Association members at APIA rates that is good but it would be a policy decision of that association.

I do not believe that any PI Association has signed up to any "rule" of belonging to the NZPIF that grants their members entry to other association's events at that associations member rates - if this policy existed everyone of the APIA members would simply join Southland PIA and save a cool $200 minimum on their current APIA subs.

Comment

Hey Alsitair. Yeah I think it was just for member of other PIA's who happened to be in town or attend a particular meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
                Thanks for this announcement APIA.

Will you be so kind as to extend the $5 entry to all NZPIF members, given the importance of these changes?

Regards,

Paul.
                There is no such thing as an NZPIF member.
                Only Associations can be a member of NZPIF.
                Run your own meeting in Hamilton.
                It is too early to be talking definitively about the new RTA until it is passed into law. Once it is done then it is up to the DBH to instruct us about what it all means.
                For starters
                Get them to explain the abandoned goods clauses.
                Also get someone to explain how the RTA deals with letting by the room and if the boarding house rules deal with them.
                Have a read of the RTA amendment on line and see if you can understand these two issues.

Comment

Hi all
                  For rates query please contact APIA direct at [email protected].
                  thanks
                  Sarina

Comment

You will have to show your card to get the discount (I assume) and the card is a NZPIF one, not an APIA one so they wont know till it is too late anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X