Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property management

Hi everyone
    I have a rental property in pukekohe. Has been managed by company so far but been run down. I am renovating fully and the service provided has been very poor. I have tried 2 companies so far-bad experience. Last one not even replies to written inquiries/damaged done to property in last tenancy- did not even send the tenancy end report. I am desparately looking for good manager for honest job. I am away and cannot visit property regularly. I really appreciate if someone could recommend . Thanks - Pawan

Pawan, some debate on this on the other forum
    They are your bread and butter! Any issues, questions, suggestions or what ever else is related to tenants place it here!

Comment

Who have you tried Pawan? We all give good references for certain people, not bad to know who has let owners down.

Comment

Property Management.

Hi Pawan,
        being in the same situation have now got great service from a property maintenance person. He is also a master builder by trade so he understands property maintenacne pretty much backwards. I pay him 7% on all rent income plus $50/hr plus travel to sort repairs etc even if he uses another person to do the fix thats ok as he is capable of kicking arse to get it done properly. Worth every penny.
        Always had problems with real estate agencies handling property management. Usaully because the people dont fully understand the nature of a repair and so the task goes in the "too hard" basket. (and whats on their mind is collecting the 7% fee or whatever and thats as far as there brain will work)
        Recomend you find a reputable builder and he/she will know of someone capable of good management ad that understands maintenance. for example go for someone mature with time on their hands and would like to earn that little bit extra income.
        Hope that helps,
        Hec

Comment

Hi Everyone
          Many thanks for sharing your views.I have tried two so far and looking for new one. After reading their contracts I found that charges are pretty much same. Like commision+Inspections+repairs+water charges.I don't understand eg7% commssion on collected rent includes what service because everything else is on top of this. My recent experience window glass was broken-10days to repair in report-I got repaired after 2 months with my own money plus a big expence for cockroach treatment as the property was not kept tidy. Absolutely no follow up and they lodge in the court so that they can charge $40+ apperance fee to owner.There is quiet a bit like that. Not quiet a bit in fact a lot as they charge owner for action they take. I am still hunting for a good honest service from a property manager & comparing different contracts. .Please feel free if anybody wants to ring me 068677212. Thanks, Pawan

Comment

Pawan

try Jackie from Auckland Professional Property Management; she is based in Pukekohe too. 09 2386321
            Regards
            Aaron

Comment

Working...
            X