Ads overlaying posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muppet View Post
    I wanted to use the search function but a ......... ad was hovering over it so couldn't type in what I wanted to search for.

....may I suggest you take your mouse off the Ad and it will shrink back and failing that - refresh the page or go to another page and the Ad probably won't appear...easy peasy!

Cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      ....may I suggest you take your mouse off the Ad and it will shrink back and failing that - refresh the page or go to another page and the Ad probably won't appear...easy peasy!

Cheers,

Donna
      Although we are 'members', not customers, I'm afraid that that reply isn't very customer focussed, Donna,

We are used to the banner ads appearing, but when they over-write posts, forum functions or other information, they are becoming too intrusive.

The forum will lose traffic if it becomes more ads that info, and that won't do anybody any good.

cube
      DFTBA

Comment

To be clear my problem is not with the expanding Mercedes ad, but the RaboBank one that tramples over the post and cannot be removed.
        DFTBA

Comment

Thanks Quentin and our techie is looking into that now.

As I said earlier the Mercedes Ad is a 'Test Only' - not the type of banner that will be the 'norm' - for PropertyTalk.com.....and it is that Ad that has screwed the presentation of other Ads.

Thanks for your understanding and tolerance - it is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Donna
          Last edited by donna; 28-09-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

I believe the Ad problem has been fixed.

Once again thanks for patience.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Thanks - that's better.

A necessary evil, but at least they aren't getting in the way now!
              DFTBA

Comment

Be nice to have no adds. He He.

I know they are a necessary evil, just sometimes I can't get onto the site because all the adds make it too slow. Yes I do have high speed but in the country it isn't as quick as in town.

Comment

Ahhh, I see now. Well, sort-of.
                  I have FF AdBlockPlus, which
                  must've dealt to the thing, so
                  I couldn't see what others
                  were being vexed by.

Comment

That expanding headline banner stops me from clicking on new posts. I hope it goes away very soon, really awful idea. Almost enough to put me off mercs.

Comment

Ditto here as well.
                      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I can confirm we have a max of a week to go (maybe gone sooner I think) and then it is definitely gone.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

phew for that!

it seems ever time i come from a tab at the top of the page to the new posts button and track across that damn thing expands into a new window

even if i click the new posts before it has expanded it seems to thing i want a new window and an over priced german car
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

Working...
                          X