Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wall Cladding

Hi Guys

A trader on Trademe is auctioning a new type of exterior cladding he is importing from China.

This can be seen at this site:
    365体育app在线网站携手生态伙伴创新计算生态,加快在云、桌面云、人工智能、存储领域的布局,beat365安卓版为政务、运营商、金融、能源及综合行业客户提供算力支撑

Question:
    Has anyone seen this product in use?

Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

here it is!

Comment

Dalian Anbang sidings of wall decoration is a material clearer, more natural and more environment-friendly than traditional wall decoration materials. The product is independently researched, developed and produced by DalianAnbang Plastic Substances. CO.LTD It greatly applies the new type of nature-changing agent, which makes the product maintain the PVC original features and greatly improved in mechanic performance. The new product’s structure design also fully performs its superiority. The siding is mainly applied in the decoration of inner and outer walls, ceilings and eaves. Its major physical features are those of the PVC piece materials.

Comment

Hi Muppet,

New member here, but have a architectural background, so thought I'd put in my 2cents worth.... I would be wary of new imported products [unless well backed up] in the current market since the 'leaky home thing' - the Bldg Code has been pretty well re-written, with some aspects of the acceptable solutions [those solutions that the council will automatically accept] for claddings a quite limited. Any thing else is a considered a Alternative solution [which requires reams of documentation etc]. I would check with the local council, because in the last Bldg Act seminar I attended [previously] commonly used claddings such as plastic & metal weatherboards etc are now considered 'alternative'.
        Just for comparisions there are a couple of local distributors of similar materials - Certainteed [Vinyl Building Systems, Mairangi Bay], and Insulpro [Ikotec, Glenfield]. One aspect you have to consider with plastic products is the back-up if things fail, fade, or breakdown - this could be an issue with our high UV - so I'd check out these for a comparison...

Cheers,
        Darren.

Comment

Hi Darren

Welcome to PT.

Your input to the forum site will be greatly appreciated by the forumites I am sure.

Thanks for the information posted above.

I have 7 ips but am not looking at putting any new facade on any of them at the moment except paint one shortly.

I came across the above product will surfing the Trademe site and so I thought I would solicit any information that may be out there that maybe helpful any of our forumites.

Regards
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Hi,

Always happy to help.

Tried looking for it on TM for a nosey, but couldn't find it - can you list the auction no.?

Cheers,
            Darren.

Comment

Hi,

We have this type of cladding on the property we are renting. The owners however do not know much about it as it was put on by 2 previous owners (about 4 years ago). By the pictures given by dlab it looks exactly the same. Appearance wise it looks good, you wouldn't even know it was plastic until you felt it. It's very strong as our kids and their friends have tested it out. No scratches or marks from golf balls, sticks etc. It's easy to clean too, however forget about trying to paint over it. I don't know what the costs were to install or the expected shelf life on these products. We would consider these types of products if one of our IP's need recladding. Unsure about our PPOR as our tastes in colour change, so to repaint the exterior wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Wada

Comment

It looks very similar to 'Marley - Palliside' cladding
                which is made in NZ and will comply with all NZ Standrds etc.

It is prefinished Upvc - similar to 'Marley' spouting systems
                Thats ok if you don't mind plastic wall cladding. (easy clean & low maintenance) i not sure if it dicolours over time though. sometimes a
                whitish sort of dicolouration occurs on plastic products especially darker
                colours.

I love the wording on the advertising blurb. - a direct translation
                from chinese.

Casacamo

Comment

Hi Casacamo,

The Palliside cladding is a much thicker product - 6mm, as opposed to the this stuff which says its only 1mm thick.
                  For a plastic looking product the palliside is good, and it now has the advantage of coming in different shades others than glaring white...

Cheers DS.

Comment

Hi
                    The Palliside cladding is a much thicker product - 6mm,
                    I measured our cladding and it's 6mm so it must be Palliside. As I mentioned before this is a good product. No signs of discolouration or wear with a max of 4 years old.

Wada

Comment

Working...
                    X