5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Web Site

Chatting with business owners both within my town community and online I have been amazed at the amount of small businesses that do not yet have a web site.

I can understand some of their reasons:

1. Too expensive,
    2. No idea what to put on the web site,
    3. No technical experience,
    4. Don’t need it.

What I would like to do in this post is provide 5 core reasons why your business needs a web site.

read more:: http://businessblogs.co.nz/2009/07/0...ds-a-web-site/

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Hey Marc,

It really comes down to a lack of understanding.
    • Designers should be willing to help with the content.
    • It doesn't have to be expensive and in fact is often *far* cheaper than traditional marketing.
    • Business owners really shouldn't do it themselves. I recently contacted a local company where the receptionist designed their website and inadvertantly included a virus that was infecting the computer of everyone who visited it.
    • It's not whether they need it as such but rather about what approach would work best for them. Not all advertising works because it's misdirected. It's the same with websites.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

It probably depends on the type of business and what kind of customers they have, but personally for me if it's not online then it doesn't exist.
      I search online for anything I need and I would suppose that applies to most other people of at least generation X/Y.
      Haven't opened the yellow pages in about 10 years!
      High resolution Fractal Art on quality canvas: www.FractalArt.co.nz

Comment

I was just meeting with my graphic designer today, asking him to redesign our site so that it is in keeping with our newly-developed branding.

For our business (property management), a strongly branded and functional website is a must. One of the services we offer to owners (online accesss to up-to-date info on their portfolio) requires them to enter via our site, and so we really need it to be reinforcing our brand.

As our marketing steps up, we will be trying to drive as much traffic to our site as possible, as users (owners and tenants) can take as much or as little from a site as they like.

And of course we need a good listing engine for properties.

Comment

Working...
        X