Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising deposit funds

Hi all,
    After some ideas or advice please if anyone has it.
    My partner and I have been investing using minimum 10% cash deposit each time. This is about $22k each time. We now have LVR of 78% across a small portfolio of five properties.
    But we can 'only' fund two cash deposits per year from now on. Yes I know, good position to be in. But I want to purchase significantly more than that.
    Leveraging existing equity aside as I know about that and will do that too, does anyone have advice on other ways to raise deposit funds? Ways that are acceptable to the bank?

I have asked two banks but the impression I get is that this question of a borrower getting creative falls in the too hard basket...because they haven't answered!
    e.g. is a personal loan or revolving credit for say $60,000 (enough for three deposits) a good option? Then use a different lender to mortgage the houses, showing my 10% deposit as down payment. Revalue each one and pay back the personal loan, increasing the mortgage to 100% of purchase price after a few months?

I don't want to get into using credit cards.
    Thanks a lot

You can only revalue and top up after 6 months. But yes it can be achieved. You may find you need 20% though as your deposit. So long as you can service all loans the bank shouldn't have a problem. Definitely use another bank for your new purchases. This will spread the risk. I'd look to using equity before a personal loan because of the interest rate.

Another idea would be to try to get one property unencumbered. Then get a RC with that property to the maximum from a separate lender altogether. This then puts you in a cash position. You can then take that property to the bank and get a mortgage to repay the RC and do it over again.
    [email protected]

Comment

You have 2 issues to deal with & satisfy to a lender these days. Security & servicibility. If you can satisfy both of those comfortably your options are still wide open. There are no hard & fast rules anymore - each case on it's merits. Very strong security (backed by excellent banking/credit history) can tip the scales. But - servicibility is the bigee.
      Think like a lender - are my risks?

Comment

Thanks very much, I appreciate the advice!

Comment

Working...
        X