• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Question Independent investors in brisbane

Independent investors in Brisbane?

Is there such a thing as a property investors association in Brisbane or Australia for that matter? Being a New Zealander I was helped along the property path via our property investors association, that is independent of the property industry as a whole and works entirely for the benefit of its members.
    Now living and trying to invest in Brisbane I am craving some independent advice from people that are not trying to sell me their product.
    Even a group of investors or a mastermind group would me great?? Any ideas??

Mack
    Last edited by mackap; 03-06-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling

You can't get proper advice from a public website. Public websites are a bit like public toilets: Was Kilroy really there? Should we really fear the limbo dancers? Did he really "sit, broken-hearted"?

But for what it's worth (ie, almost nothing), then sit on your powder. The current alleged "pick-up" is a classic dead-cat bounce.

Give it 12 months, at the very least.

Go to a registered established and sucessful real estate agent, they are there to help you and will inform you of anything you need to know be it prices/selling times/yields etc. A real estate agent is the most qualified and knowledgable person out there, its their job, they should know about any investor associations, whom to contact etc
    Last edited by WBuffett; 03-06-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBuffett View Post
    Go to a registered established and sucessful real estate agent, they are there to help you and will inform you of anything you need to know be it prices/selling times/yields etc. A real estate agent is the most qualified and knowledgable person out there, its their job, they should know about any investor associations, whom to contact etc
    Can I just fill this out a bit. If you do decide to get along side a successful REA, just make sure that person understands investment property. Terms like "yeild" and "cap rate" can give you a blank look otherwise.

WB, when you say "most qualified", I assume you mean that in the broadest sense of the word? Some tertiary qualified valuers, for example, would dispute that comment.

G

Thread Information