Property Tutors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Olly,

I wonder what the relationship is between them now because it looks like they are in competition. Anyway, my question to you given your experience and knowledge (i've read your book and it is excellent) is: "are these guys as good as they say they are"? I mean as frank as I can be, do you think they are the real deal? I would really appreciate your opinion Olly. Thank you.

Comment

Hidden agendas?

Agent plays both buyer and seller at auction
      4:00AM Wednesday Nov 26, 2008 NZ Herald
      By Anne Gibson and Craig Borley

Some of the South Auckland properties put up for sale at a mass auction in Auckland yesterday were owned by the same agent whose firm was selling them.

Don Ha of Don Ha Real Estate confirmed at the auction that he owned about 20 of the places for sale, but rival agents claimed he owned many more.

Mr Ha is one of New Zealand's wealthiest agents, with an estimated $50 million fortune. He is one of the leading salesmen for the Ray White Group, and a thoroughbred investor.

His Manukau firm manages hundreds of houses in South Auckland.

Property experts frowned on the part Mr Ha's company played in the auction, saying he had not been open about the fact that he was the vendor as well as the listing agent.

But Mr Ha said there was nothing unethical about an owner showing prospective buyers through a property.

"Well it's a free market, and it's the fairest way to buy. Some of them know and some of them don't, but it's really not important. They're buying the house, they're not buying the owner."

He said the value of a property was set by the market and agreed on by the buyers. There was no conflict in representing both parties at the same time.

Real estate rules bind agents to tell the public if they are buying a place. But the deal does not work both ways. Agents do not have to declare when they are selling their own places .

Critics complained that Mr Ha's sales pitch was misleading. "He's perfectly entitled to sell his own places," said one insider, who did not want to be named. "But it's not fair to say it's a mega-auction and make out like there's 100 vendors when there's really not."

Gordon Meyer, a former professional standards manager at the Real Estate Institute and a Disputes Tribunal referee, said it was questionable for agents to sell their own places without declaring it.

"The person dealing with the agent does so on the assumption that the agent is representing someone else. If he turns out to be representing himself, there's a conflict then he must disclose," he said.

link:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/news/article.cfm?c_id=8&objectid=10545070&ref=rss
      OllyN [email protected]
      Independent Property Consultant
      Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

All true, but why the PI cover?

Why are these insurers forking out millions of dollars backing up real estate agents? It's crazy.They should all be cut loose as at the end of the next renewal date.

Comment

I don't really see a problem with Don Ha selling his own houses but there may be more to it behind the scene that I don't know about. Did he make his fortunes by selling houses as an agent or investing in property or both? Again, all I really want to know is if Don Ha and Sean Woods are worth investing time and money with. Can they help me get ahead with property investment a lot faster than I could if I just read this forum and bought some books on the subject? That is the big question I have for the people on this forum. Opinions anyone who know these guys?
          Thanx.

Comment

Hi Green fish,

Why is that? Do you think there is something dodgy going on that the insurance companies shouldn't be covering?

Ta

Comment

Connect the dots

(1) Do Ha: Owner of Ray White Real Estate Manukau, Property dealer, real estate agent, land developer, and friend of Richmastery. Organiser of Propertytutors.
              (2) Sean Wood: Property dealer, real estate agent and land developer. Long time friend of Richmastery. Organiser of Propertytutors.
              (3) Mat Gilligan: Property dealer, land developer, and accountant. Long time friend of Richmastery. Organiser of Propertytutors

The common threads that ties them together are:
              (a) All are property dealers and developers.
              (b) All are, or were connected to Richmastery.
              (c) All are connected to Propertytutors.

The question is:
              Why would these three put on an all day extravaganza "get-rich-quick" seminar for only $79 a head?

Likely answers:
              (a) They all need new clients urgently as they make their living out of selling and dealing in property.
              (b) Richmastery's client data base is now no longer available to them. They now want to re create a big data base of students to whom they can sell their property deals.
              (c) They love teaching people how to get-rich-quick through property with no thought of reward for themselves.
              (d) They want to help the poor in Fiji and all profits will go there to help build schools and hospitals.

Choose one and write a good paragraph giving your reasons.
              OllyN [email protected]

Comment

Hi Olly,

That is why i appreciate been able to ask questions of people with your experience through this forum, you see things i don't. That does make a lot of sense. So I guess i can expect yet again to be peddled property deals, software and dozens of other seminars. I was hopeful these guys might be different but i guess not?
                I was a bit suspicious a week ago when the south auckland property press had an ad for a free seminar from don ha. On one hand he promotes seminars and charges for them ($79 apparently which i would expect from a rich list member if not more) and then he does others for free obviously to sell houses or something else as a money maker. It just seemed a bit like desperation. But maybe I am wrong and reading too much into it all. I have to admit that i am a bit curious about the whole thing now though and still considering going along to see what its all about.
                What is the $79 though? I am sure the seminar is free. Where did you see $79 Olly.

Thx again.
                Last edited by Cannon; 31-05-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

from links at top:

https://gilliganrowe.worldsecuresystems.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=38197

http://www.propertytutors.com/1dayevent.html
                  Last edited by OllyN; 31-05-2009, 06:10 PM.
                  OllyN [email protected]

Comment

Oh ok, thanks Olly.

That is a different event to the one I was going to. I am sure it was just a few hours long and i'm sure it was free. Maybe that was a teaser seminar for this seminar. $79 actually sounds very cheap for a whole day for the content in the ad. It actually sounds like very good value to be fair. I would be willing to sit through some sales pitches if they are going to give all of the content that is listed in ther ad. If they dont cover all of that information then it is false advertising and i'm sure they wont be around for long.
                    If anyone knows any reason not to go please let me know otherwise i am pretty tempted by this.

Thanx.

Comment

It does seem funny the branding is a PT logo? Sound familiar Donna and Marc?
                      and
                      The logo has a similar style to the old extinct ESC logo. Which was RM's name for many years.

Comment

Did anyone see the fullpage ad in today's Herald?

Apparently the seminar is limited to 300 seats which, at $79 per head, will gross $23,700. I'm pretty sure that will not cover even the ad in the Herald.

I noticed the PT.com branding too whitt.

Cannon, if you are interested then why not pay the $79 and go along?

Like Rosco says, you should come away with at least one idea that more than covers the cost of the seminar. I am not a seminar junkie myself, but I did find the last one I went to has repaid the intial investment around 300 fold already.

Paul.
                        Last edited by Perry; 31-05-2009, 08:26 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

It does seem funny the branding is a PT logo? Sound familiar Donna and Marc?
                          and
                          The logo has a similar style to the old extinct ESC logo. Which was RM's name for many years.
                          Combines the best of both worlds.
                          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Yes I did mention the 'PT.com' as it is not their domain.....and of course we would have snapped that up a few years ago if it was available...being the techies we are. Performance Technologies (PT.com) have been around since 1981....umm I was still wearing white socks and school uniform back then.

Cheers,

Donna
                            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Obviously property tutors research on PT.com didn't run too deep...

G
                              Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Cannon,

From your posts you seem like a practical, level headed person, who understands when you are being fed a load of rubbish, why dont you just go along to the seminar and judge for yourself, take out of it what you think is usefull and move forward from their.

Also the networking alone would be worth the price of admission. I like yourself used to question most of these types of seminars but soon realised that sometimes you are going to get some duds, at least now I know which ones to stay away from.

PS. Am thinking of going as have not been to one for a while and may pick up something in the process.

FH

Comment

Working...
                                X