Commercial/industrial discussion group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial/industrial discussion group

A group of us have formed such a group. Currently there are five of us but we would like to build up to a maximum of 10. We have no interest in residential and people with such an interest would not be suitable. You need to be an experienced investor with a few investments in the $1.5m to $5m range per investment. You could possibly be largely currently cashed up as a few years back it was obvious to you what was going to happen. You consider yourself to be an investor and not a developer.

If this is of interest email me.

Below are the guidelines we developed from our first meeting.

General:

• For people with a passion for non-residential property investments in the $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 range
    • To discuss this market and properties but also macro, micro and international economics, finance, politics, investing philosophies, books and any other relevant topic
    • Will try to increase numbers to about ten people. Be great to have a lawyer and others with different professional backgrounds but being an investor with experience being the main criteria. Suggestions welcome.
    • If possible email suggested topics a few days before meeting so people have time to consider topic.
    • I will email reminder and suggested topics a few days before meeting.

Format:
    • Meet every 3rd Monday of the month. Next meeting 18th May
    • Meet in Auckland fringe area.
    • Meet at 6pm for those wanting to eat
    • General Discussion starts at 7pm
    • informal Discussion around 8pm

General Discussion:
    • I will chair
    • One conservation/subject matter at a time
    • One person talking at a time
    • Everyone gets their turn to talk and comment
    • New topics can be suggested before and during general discussion

Nice Concept. Would you look at those wishing to make the move up. As the normal progression is for some who start in property investing.
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi Property Returns - Great idea. I'm in the South Island and I'd appreciate the list of books that people recommend during the meetings. If that's at all possible. Two for your list are:

1) Commercial Real Estate Investing by Dolf De Roos.
      2) And absolute gold in my opinion is: Peter Aranyi's Commercial Real Estate 'Investors Guide'.

I appreciate you considering this.
      "Measure Twice - Cut Once"

Comment

hi
        very interested in having a look
        not sure if you think I have the experience but would have to be done via email as I am in sydney but can assist if need be and would be very interested in chatting
        my email is [email protected] and will send from there
        and yes before you ask their is only one grossrealisation as far as I know on the boards
        not been here for a while but comm is all I do and no am not a RE nor buyers agent

Comment

Working...
        X