• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I just received PropertyTalkís current Ďpromotioní email for Richmasteryís latest tax lien-snake oil-teaser-hard sell-extravaganza. Itís brimming with brazen exaggeration, questionable claims and the usual Richmastery hype:
    ď...#1 Proven Real Estate Cashflow Weapon Revealed by Respected Industry Experts for $19.95 and Receive $621 of Bonuses!!Ē -- ď...without doubt one of the greatest undiscovered wealth secrets of our time
    Oh please, I thought. What a sick joke.

But it made me wonder: When will Marc and Donna (PropertyTalkís proprietors) wake up to the damage their long business partnership with Phil Jones has cost them and their reputation?

Even friends shake their heads at the ongoing prostitution of this bright coupleís talents ... and their use of the PropertyTalk website to amorally promote spruikers, plagiarists and wolves in sheepís clothing.

A mortgage professional I spoke to today mentioned the latest PT banner ad for Richmastery and said, ďEven if PropertyTalk needs the money, there are some things they shouldnít do.Ē

As much as I like Marc and Donna personally, I had to agree. Knowing what they know, it seems a bad call.

And then tonight I got PropertyTalkís Richmastery tax lien Ďpromotioní email.
    Even worse.

Perhaps like Coldplayís song Clocks, the folks who run PropertyTalk could ask themselves:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Martin
    Am I a part of the cure

Or am I part of the disease?
    Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 28-04-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I'm saying this as a friend, not an enemy. Just think about it. - P
    Peter Aranyi
    Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeterEmpowerEd
    I just received PropertyTalk’s current ‘promotion’ email for Richmastery’s latest tax lien-snake oil-teaser-hard sell-extravaganza. It’s brimming with brazen exaggeration, questionable claims and the usual Richmastery hype:
    Quote:
    “...#1 Proven Real Estate Cashflow Weapon Revealed by Respected Industry Experts for $19.95 and Receive $621 of Bonuses!!” -- “...without doubt one of the greatest undiscovered wealth secrets of our time.”
    Oh please, I thought. What a sick joke.

But it made me wonder: When will Marc and Donna (PropertyTalk’s proprietors) wake up to the damage their long business partnership with Phil Jones has cost them and their reputation?

Even friends shake their heads at the ongoing prostitution of this bright couple’s talents ... and their use of the PropertyTalk website to amorally promote spruikers, plagiarists and wolves in sheep’s clothing.

A mortgage professional I spoke to today mentioned the latest PT banner ad for Richmastery and said, “Even if PropertyTalk needs the money, there are some things they shouldn’t do.”

As much as I like Marc and Donna personally, I had to agree. Knowing what they know, it seems a bad call.

And then tonight I got PropertyTalk’s Richmastery tax lien ‘promotion’ email.
    Even worse.

Perhaps like Coldplay’s song Clocks, the folks who run PropertyTalk could ask themselves:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris Martin
    Am I a part of the cure

Or am I part of the disease?
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback Peter. PT is doing well and is not in any major financial difficulty.

I also do get feedback from other members that you seem to enjoy attacking PT behind our backs. This is a refreshing change of tack for you.

Please also feel free to unsubscribe at anytime from our promotions mailing lists.

We are an independent site and I seem to recall your banners running on PT at one stage. If someone told me that your business was a sham should I listen to them?

Cheers

Marc
    Last edited by Marc; 30-04-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

I agree with Marc.

I thought Property Talk was here as an independent information source about property. Therefore I don't think it is up to property talk to decide what is appropriate for readers, and it shouldn't stop any firm from advertising on it.

I'm not a big fan of Richmastery either, but it's up to readers to decide if they want to click on the banner or enrol for Richmastery seminars. No one is forcing them too!

Just realised, I should have complained when GRA was advertising on Property Talk. How dare property talk advertise another accountant on their website. ha ha.
    More Profit from Property? TEACH ME MORE
    Ross Barnett - Coombe Smith Property Accountants
    Proud to give the best property advice for over 13 years.

Also I found it quite interesting to read what Richmastery is currently up too.

I might not like their style, but over the last 5 years they have actually given some investors some great information. Just wish they weren't so greedy.

Ross
    More Profit from Property? TEACH ME MORE
    Ross Barnett - Coombe Smith Property Accountants
    Proud to give the best property advice for over 13 years.

I also felt the revulsion at the email in particular but I can choose to not receive them. M and D have an impossible job of trying to be impartial doves in a shark infested pool.
    I think they do an amazing job.
    If reading false and misleading sales pages from PJ is the price I have to pay for such a wonderful resource I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi Peter,

I also do get feedback from other members that you seem to enjoy attacking PT behind our backs. This is a refreshing change of tack for you. Not to mention the lawyers that contacted us....

Cheers

Marc
    Perhaps I have read this with "the wrong tone of voice" as it seems to me that it would have been much more satisfying to see a response that rose above the standard of PeterEmpowerEd's initial post.
    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

What amuses me is when the RM banner is paraded across the top of the Richmastery thread. How many people would click on the banner after reading that thread. It's almost a way for PJ to defend himself.

Peter if you are that disgusted why not take some of that hard earned money made from your lawsuit and advertise here. That way you might be able knock PJ off the top.

And I didn't get the email. What am I missing.

Nothing Mike, nothing at all :-)

I know my comments will be hard for some to hear, but there's a line, in my view.
    It's more than a matter of 'style'. The normalisation of hype and deceit in marketing like this is wrong, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, or perfect. Because I don't post anonymously, any critical comment makes me a target for personal attacks and cardboard cutouts impugning my 'motives' (I've been clobbered here on PT before) but you know...

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -- Elbert Hubbard

Peter, do you read the newspaper. Because the trash they call the news is worse than the trash PJ puts out.

Thread Information