GO AND HAVE A LIFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO AND HAVE A LIFE

I recently had a slightly more interesting encounter at the Tribunal. It all started off with the usual boring no rent paid, 10 day notice issued, tribunal application, no show at mediation, onto tribunal, no show again and two day notice for eviction granted. Ho hum here we go again I think as I stick the courts notice on the door. Two hours later I have a call from the flat mate, we can not move out because my cousin the tenant has gone off to her fathers Tangi. No problem, I say, just move her gear out for her. Your cousin had plenty of opportunity to phone the tribunal and explain the situation to the court. One hour later the tenancy officer rings me and says, I have your tenant here. She has paid up most of her arrears, can she stay. That’s funny I think how come she has managed to get back to Nelson in one hour from the Tangi. Now this request turned into a request for a Stay of Proceedings and rehearing which was granted subject to her paying the rent again on the following Tuesday.

Come Wednesday at the urgently provided re-hearing I had the pleasure of issuing the tenant with my termination notice in front of the adjudicator. The adjudicator was none too pleased to hear the supposed claim, of having paid more rent than specified on my schedule was freely admitted by the tenant to be untrue.
    Then when asked why she had not paid the rent the day before as directed in the amended order her answer was. Oh, I pay to have my child cared for everyday so she can have good food. Who cares for the child was the question? My mother. Why do you not care for her yourself? My mother wants me to go out and have a life. Well the court clerk and the adjudicator almost fell out of their chairs and my eyes rolled out. She was told in no uncertain terms that landlords and court staff are not responsible for caring for tenant’s children. So the tenant was dispatched and I was granted my request for costs of $100 on the basis of an application for the rehearing being frivolous.

oh...my...god...

i do not even know what else to say to this!!!

was this tennant young? it sounds like a teenager with a baby hahaha! bloody hell!

Comment

Originally posted by sianne
      was this tennant young? it sounds like a teenager with a baby hahaha! bloody hell!
      Now, that's an interesting question.

Why would you ask that?

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

All in a days work for you aye Glenn.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Glenn

Your stories should be in the forum funnies. They always seem to make me laugh.
          [email protected]

Comment

This is a 2004 thread! Looks like Sianne is going through the archives and bring them back to life.

Comment

keys: i was being very stereotypical, as you have been toarwds me on previous threads... why would you bother asking to ask, you deemed me to sound young and wanted to know my age as according to you i sounded like a 'spoilt brat'

reason i asked is because i know alot of young people-in my younger sisters age catergory who have had children young and expect their mothers to look after their kids for them so they can 'have a life'

i found it very interesting and quite a laugh

ive been reading through the old archives as im new to this site and had a look around last night-some quite interesting stories on here thats for sure

Comment

Good on you Sianne for looking at the older discussions. It's hard to get to every 'new post' so I too responded to this older post of Glenn's along with others.

I am sure it's still relevant today...and Glenn still works as hard as ever as a property manager.

Cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                X