• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by east147 View Post
    We had 3 properties we wanted to tag however we have backed out. According to Andy Gause, Gerald Celente and Randolf Buss on One Radio Network the US dollar is doomed Ė apparently according to one expert they had on who is in with the Bilderburgers... they are going to hype the markets up and then crash the whole lot later this year mopping up one and all... he says around September. All three say buy gold or silver! Jim Rogers is on soon and I wanted to get his take before we commit. I think we will spread our investment over gold and silver coins... this way we will own them. I know one thing with the NZ market dropping like the UK and US I am not going to lose out like the 80s and 1930s.

ridiculous
    Erewhon is still erehwon, I donít see it changing anytime soon.

http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

I am still for buying houses, just buy well and look for cashflow.

Quote Originally Posted by exnzpat View Post
    ridiculous

Well we will see... come back here in September and we will talk again.

ridiculous
    This is exactly what I meant exnzpat.

You saying the NZ prices will crumble by over 65% attracted quite a few of those "ridiculous statements".

A nice, polite expression for that would have been "extremely unlikely".

Why call this "ridiculous" then?

Why expect instant respect from anyone else if you're not ready to be respectful, too?

Quote Originally Posted by 67910241 View Post
    This is exactly what I meant exnzpat.

You saying the NZ prices will crumble by over 65% attracted quite a few of those "ridiculous statements".

A nice, polite expression for that would have been "extremely unlikely".

Why call this "ridiculous" then?

Why expect instant respect from anyone else if you're not ready to be respectful, too?

The idea that "...the US dollar is doomed..." this kind of stuff is just silly.
    Erewhon is still erehwon, I donít see it changing anytime soon.

http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NZGEMS View Post
    I am still for buying houses, just buy well and look for cashflow.
    Spot on there!

The idea that "...the US dollar is doomed..." this kind of stuff is just silly.
    World total debt ex USA is.... 58 trillion!

USA total debt is 58.5 trillion!!!

WAKE UP FOLKES - The USA privately owned Federal Reserve (since 1913) has been printing green backs this last six month like in no other time in history.

Do your homework. The US currency used to be GOLD... Along came the Rockefellers (Standard Oil - do your homework) and bribed the US congress at the time into using greenbacks. NO WE WONT ABUSE THE SYSTEM AND WE WILL ONLY PRINT WHAT WE NEED AND WE WONT OVER INFLATE BY PRINTING TOOO MUCH MONEY. Well guess what... what you have seen this last six months is nothing to what you are going to see in the coming 12 months.

Buy historical gold coins because you will have something tangible - you heard it here first.

Tonight One Radio Network - oneradionetwork.com have Adrian Salbuchi on and tomorrow Andy Gause. Miss at your own risk.

If you are serious about investing in property all I am saying is now is not the right time... move with the times and switch to another investment while the money men do what they do. Gold, Silver and Platinum are the only commodities worth holding until the property market bottoms out and we are nowhere near the bottom yet. YOU most know this!

On current earnings folks simply can't afford to buy a basic hut this is commonsense... the market has been seriously over inflated. If you buy any property now then you deserve to lose your profit for the next 30 years and this is a conservative view most experts are saying 40/50 years. This is what happens when there is no regulation and the markets are allowed to over inflate.

Yesterday I was out looking at a $250,000 property yesterday for a client.
    The agents comment was that a significant number of the properties that had been on the market at this price range had sold in the last few weeks.
    He thought that perhaps the market had moved up about $20,000 in two months. There is very little left on the market at this price range.
    Another property around the corner from the one I was looking at sold at asking price three days after listing with three offers on it.
    From what I have casually observed the same thing has happened all over NZ.

World total debt ex USA is.... 58 trillion!

USA total debt is 58.5 trillion!!!
    Their actual total exposure is a bit more than that. But anyway, they're a nice big country so that is only 65% of their GDP, Japan for instance has a much higher debt ratio to GDP than that.
    Buy historical gold coins because you will have something tangible - you heard it here first.
    No, I've heard that story by doomsayers for the last couple of decades, it is nothing new. Replacing something (cash) that is government regulated (because guess what, in NZ our Reserve bank is nothing like the Federal Reserve in the USA) with something that is heavily subjected to speculative bubbles and has little actual value (gold) is pointless.

Protip: if the world ever does disintegrate into chaos, shiny coins are going to be as worthless as bits of paper with values written on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkmnz View Post
    Their actual total exposure is a bit more than that. But anyway, they're a nice big country so that is only 65% of their GDP, Japan for instance has a much higher debt ratio to GDP than that.
    No, I've heard that story by doomsayers for the last couple of decades, it is nothing new. Replacing something (cash) that is government regulated (because guess what, in NZ our Reserve bank is nothing like the Federal Reserve in the USA) with something that is heavily subjected to speculative bubbles and has little actual value (gold) is pointless.

Protip: if the world ever does disintegrate into chaos, shiny coins are going to be as worthless as bits of paper with values written on them.
    Milkman
    Debt is the cause of this economic mess
    In times of global uncertainty (or Turmoil) gold starts trading as a currency,not a commodity. Since 2005 in $NZ terms it has risen from Approx $700 to presently $1600 per ounce. (coins currently selling well above spot price)
    Check it out in terms of any currency.Better return in these times than having cash or property me thinks
    You dont want to hold the shiny piece then you can take a risk and trade the paper gold.
    Wax

Thread Information