Some IMF style prescriptions for US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some IMF style prescriptions for US

I think this is one of the most well reasoned article I have read in a long while.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/200905/imf-advice

What this tells me is unless the rot is cleared from the financial sectors around the world, and people can see clear proof of the rot having been cleared----smart money will not come back in to the markets, preferring to remain on the sidelines. The only money going in to the market will be dumb money or the really really smart money with connections (e.g. PIMCO) which knows how to spot and get in on to yet another sureshot/swindle/scam.

Good reading. Love to hear feedback.

Vince

I liked this quote:

Anything that is too big to fail is too big to exist

Comment

A interesting read indeed and some excellent points. However the IMF isnt really about free markets or capitalism it dictates like the world bank those resources/infrastructure a country will be giving away to pay for IMF paper thats USDollars the reserve currency...

Funny though since it really comes down too who runs and owns the IMF it self...
      ...the same bankers, politico's and associated allies that run most everything else?

Food for thought perhaps....

I hear the IMF are touting One World Currency along with all the other G20 benefactors of such an outcome. The consolidation of power with in the group, some will be losing but the real ruling elite know whats what, elites have been doing this type of crisis creation for generations...

Still a good article, well worth a read...

Comment

However the IMF isnt really about free markets or capitalism it dictates like the world bank those resources/infrastructure a country will be giving away to pay for IMF paper thats USDollars the reserve currency...

Still a good article, well worth a read...
        Badger,

Also refering to your comments on another active thread "Murray Rothbard.." http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19583

If you buy into "elites's" and "conspiracy" theories, it is very difficult to debate any issue meaningfully.

Surely a reserve currency not controlled by US will mean a whole bunch of other countries will have a say in the value. The current "elites" who only have to control the US machinery will now need to expand their control across lots more countries of the world -- not easy unless you accept that US elite are the fount of all knowledge and every body else in the world apart from US is stupid.

I think it is easy and dangerous to concoct a conspiracy theory when the simplest reason for current situation could be US stupidity-of the SEC, Greenspan, the financial services industry across the world, most of the lead senators being out of their depths -- but trying to be "heroes" to retain their votes.
        Last edited by essence; 29-03-2009, 11:41 AM. Reason: format correction

Comment

I liked the article you provided Vince, now in reference to your reply to Badger, can I suggest you read this?

It's long, and I'm not saying it is a Bible, but I think you might enjoy it.

Comment

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
            Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Originally posted by VincyV View Post
            Badger,

Also refering to your comments on another active thread "Murray Rothbard.." http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19583

If you buy into "elites's" and "conspiracy" theories, it is very difficult to debate any issue meaningfully.
            "The one who cannot see that on Earth a big endeavor is taking place,
            an important plan, on which realization we are allowed to collaborate
            as faithful servants, certainly has to be blind"
            - Winston Churchill - (33 Degree Freemason)

Surely a reserve currency not controlled by US will mean a whole bunch of other countries will have a say in the value.
            "It doesn't matter who the people voted for; they always vote for us"
            Joseph Stalin

The current "elites" who only have to control the US machinery will now need to expand their control across lots more countries of the world -- not easy unless you accept that US elite are the fount of all knowledge and every body else in the world apart from US is stupid.
            "The world is governed by personalities very different to what people
            that cannot see further than their eyes, believe"
            - Benjamin Disraeli - (Statesman)

I think it is easy and dangerous to concoct a conspiracy theory when the simplest reason for current situation could be US stupidity-of the SEC, Greenspan, the financial services industry across the world, most of the lead senators being out of their depths -- but trying to be "heroes" to retain their votes.
            Actually Im just passing one what others have pointed out. Check out there names and dates and what there all about...

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
            Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries."
            David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."
            Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)

"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."
            New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

"Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure."
            Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

Comment

I hope your detractors read carefully those quotes you make Badger.
              Conspiracy is word that implies nuttiness. You would then have to apply the word 'nutty' to Woodrow Wilson, Benjamin Disraeli, Joseph Kennedy et al, considering that they saw through the schemes, now labeled here as conspiracies. Alas, those nutters knew a lot more about it than we.

Comment

"If you're nuts, you'll think I'm nuts :-)" (dandan 2009)

Comment

I think this is one of the most well reasoned article I have read in a long while.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/200905/imf-advice

What this tells me is unless the rot is cleared from the financial sectors around the world, and people can see clear proof of the rot having been cleared----smart money will not come back in to the markets, preferring to remain on the sidelines. The only money going in to the market will be dumb money or the really really smart money with connections (e.g. PIMCO) which knows how to spot and get in on to yet another sureshot/swindle/scam.

Good reading. Love to hear feedback.

Vince

Thanks for posting Vince
                  An article with substance that exercises the mind
                  I agree with your take on it.

Comment

Warming up..

Originally posted by outspoken View Post
                    I liked the article you provided Vince, now in reference to your reply to Badger, can I suggest you read this?

It's long, and I'm not saying it is a Bible, but I think you might enjoy it.
                    Waxhead thanks. AndyB thanks for joining the disucisson. Very succint very droll.. Dandan !

Badger..most quotes are subtly worded.. Without context it could refer to something completely different.. ref..Stalin, Disreali, Kissinger

Outspoken thanks...Fascinating read..did take me a long time to get through it. There are so many discussion points that it is will be difficult to have a discussion on the forum that does not bore the hell out of everyone. Also interesting to go to the the home page and see the "character" of the website. ( http://www.iamthewitness.com )

My take on it is -- This is a perrrenial struggle. There have been enough number of times in recent history that the "conspirators" or the "elite" have not had things their way. Sure they keep coming back again.

But the key thing here is not to believe that the "elite" are so all knowing, so all powerful that we take the mode that "resistance is futile" ..Badger may not agree.

After all, if the vast majority of people get together and say-- Enough, we are not paying your usurious interest any more...the so called "elites" might put up a good stand with their paid cronies organising assasinations, military police shootings etc, but what chance do they have against the vast majority of the 'have nots' among the teeming 6 billion that populate the earth saying -- NO ?

There if definitely a feel of the "Revenge of the Main Street banks" over the investment bankers in the air. There is alo a feel of the wolf putting on sheep's clothing to hide -- e.g. Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley getting urgently chartered as (or jumping into bed with) a Main Street Bank.

The IMF may even have trojanned China into proposing an exchange of one yoke (USD) for another (SDRs) as the reserve currency. But hey... if the BRIC and a few other south American countries stand up and say -- No more, we are not paying your interest, or worse, your capital -- not much the IMF can do apart from point to their loan documents and splutter impotently.

World War 3 ... do I hear you say ?...maybe...but we all the know about mutually assured destruction..let the cockroaches inherit the Earth.

But I am more positive than that

Comment

But I am more positive than that
                      Hey Vince, yes so am I

This is even longer, but: There is nothing more important you have to do.... (thanks Steve Netwriter, Badger)

At least it's in video so you can listen to it while doing something else....

As to the sentiment of your latest post, totally agree! resistance is NOT futile, there is a massive paradigm shift occuring and you will either continue to let the game play you, or , you will learn how to play the game.
                      Good luck mate, you've stumbled onto one of the right places to discuss these things.

Comment

Expanding..

Originally posted by outspoken View Post

This is even longer, but: There is nothing more important you have to do.... (thanks Steve Netwriter, Badger)
                        Thanks for the welcoming words Outspoken. I can see that the master class reading is going to be slow and painful. But must also remember that this is a "property" talk forum !

Here is a couple more interesting articles on the fightback..pushback.

Mr Taleb's "Black Swan" is hard reading. He comes across as pompous but he is also very good. But his posting on the Wilmott Blog seems to indicate that he is ready to get on his charger and head off on a crusade.

I also like the Australian -- Satyajit Das on derivatives. He displays quite a funny turn of phrase.

Comment

A single world currency controlled by a single body would cause poverty and world wide disaster for 99.999999% of people. Just the thought of it makes me feel a little ill.

Anything that is too big to fail is too big to exist
                          Agree completely, total hubris to believe anything is to big to fail.

Comment

Badger..most quotes are subtly worded.. Without context it could refer to something completely different.. ref..Stalin, Disreali, Kissinger

But the key thing here is not to believe that the "elite" are so all knowing, so all powerful that we take the mode that "resistance is futile" ..Badger may not agree.
                            Indeed the quotes are, but there posted in a thread about the IMF and so I think the drift of what there about is resonably straight forward.

If I thought resistence was futile I doubt Id bother posting my thoughts and links about finance, gold, property, etc etc...

Actually to give ya all a heads up as far as all the conspiracy stuff goes untill 5 -6 years ago it hadnt entered my thinking it was all a load of crap!!!

*Untill* I heard a chap called Edward Griffen on one of JP's podcast's at Financial Sense. I opened my eyes and what he was saying made sense of many things...and then I researched deeper...

Anyhow here's an interesting IMF tit bit about the nature of things...

The IMF Articles of Agreement Rule 4-2b states that no member country can have a currency that is backed by gold. Gold was the anchor that kept paper money from completely self-destructing, as it is now. Why did the IMF choose to outlaw it? And do they have the authority to do so?

(b) Under an international monetary system of the kind prevailing on January 1, 1976, exchange arrangements may include (i) the maintenance by a member of a value for its currency in terms of the special drawing right or another denominator, other than gold, selected by the member, or (ii) cooperative arrangements by which members maintain the value of their currencies in relation to the value of the currency or currencies of other members, or (iii) other exchange arrangements of a member's choice.
                            Has anyone here actually ever *voted* for this? or these people? or this system? Makes one wonder eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Silas Greenback View Post
                              A single world currency controlled by a single body would cause poverty and world wide disaster for 99.999999% of people. Just the thought of it makes me feel a little ill.
                              Absolutly BSG I feel the same way!

Comment

Working...
                              X