• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: US Tax Leins

Looks like snake oil, smells like snake oil must be snake oil.... Thanks everyone for the warnings!

Typical RM/Jones product - oversold and over hyped. Does anyone know whether Jones has made any investments in these himself? He has bragged about his success and the millions made investing in property but I understand he never actually did what he preached. Are these liens any different?

You may be interested that I went to a RM event a couple of weeks ago where PJ made a point that he was the property god as he wasn't suffering in this slump. Maybe that's because he never exposed himself to the leverage he banged on about.

I'm a Withers Tsang client (although I'm about to change). Spoke to them about RMs Lein product and they said run a mile - Davidson's in Newmarket said the same but they are a little backwards.

Actually Davidsons are great. Assuming that his ratio of investing in liens is similar to property he may have as much as 5 or ten grand tied up in it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
    Looks like snake oil, smells like snake oil must be snake oil.... Thanks everyone for the warnings!

Typical RM/Jones product - oversold and over hyped. Does anyone know whether Jones has made any investments in these himself? He has bragged about his success and the millions made investing in property but I understand he never actually did what he preached. Are these liens any different?

You may be interested that I went to a RM event a couple of weeks ago where PJ made a point that he was the property god as he wasn't suffering in this slump. Maybe that's because he never exposed himself to the leverage he banged on about.

I'm a Withers Tsang client (although I'm about to change). Spoke to them about RMs Lein product and they said run a mile - Davidson's in Newmarket said the same but they are a little backwards.
    He said that night that he had invested himself - and also repeated it in the Sunday Times post - look on Richmastery thread.

All unprovable though mjm. After this one can be forgiven for being cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by pooomba View Post
    All unprovable though mjm. After this one can be forgiven for being cynical.
    Yes agree - I was just quoting what had been said - I did not say I believed it!

Would like comment from anyone on ebay auctions put up - see you can pay by paypal.

If you do your own homework you will find that there are great courses based in the USA you can buy and do from home for $25.

And if you troll the various USA web sites they all say only to do it if you are an expert in an area and you can view the property prior. Doing it long distance is specifically warned against again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by pooomba View Post
    If you do your own homework you will find that there are great courses based in the USA you can buy and do from home for $25.

And if you troll the various USA web sites they all say only to do it if you are an expert in an area and you can view the property prior. Doing it long distance is specifically warned against again and again.
    Thanks Dean for your pertinant comments - have been looking through US sites. I am definitely not interested in doing a RM course here.

Still sitting on the fence I guess .... and doing further research.

So $25 for a course out of the States or $$$$ to RM for their course or just don't touch these with a barge pole....

Appreciate comments from FUPJ - at least if you follow RM advice for NZ activities and it goes wrong you have some recourse. If it goes wrong off shore you might as well have given your money to the Sallys.

Just one other question. Is Phil or anyone else required to issue a disclosure statement if they are pushing financial products such as these leins?

Is what RM/Jones doing defined as giving investment advice to the public? If so they would be required to provide an Investment Advisor's Disclosure Statement.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
    Just one other question. Is Phil or anyone else required to issue a disclosure statement if they are pushing financial products such as these leins?

Is what RM/Jones doing defined as giving investment advice to the public? If so they would be required to provide an Investment Advisor's Disclosure Statement.
    I am sure you will find a disclaimer somewhere on the RM site to the effect that they are not offering investment advise, and are only providing an education.

Paul.

Thread Information