got refused again

Team

My business is no good

I have no message

I am broke or I have no debt

I should be a mortgage broker or a solicitor

Hmmm here is my reply

Kerry

Thank you for your enquiry into presenting to the Auckland Property Investors' Association.

Keynote meeting speaking slots had already been filled for the rest of the year and will feature:

Dr John McDermott, Assistant Governor and Head of Economics at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand for the 11th of August;

Mr Anthony Hughes from Housing New Zealand for the 8th of September;
      Mr Rex Maidment from the Tenancy Tribunal for the 13th of October; and
      Mr Hamish Carter for the 10th of November.
      We strongly recommend you to attend these meetings if you believe you will benefit from them.

With regard to the possibilities of you speaking at other meetings: Upon examination of the information you have supplied and your website we note that your application does not comply with our speaker policy, more specifically point 6(a). We therefore respectfully decline your application to speak and wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Kind Regards,
      Sarina

Bugger - Can I ask a simple question - what solicitors and Mortgage brokers have spoken at the APIA (outside the board members) in the last 24mth

Frankly - this PIA is Biased - who made this decision>>>

Q - Does a loan on a property mean u r promoting property

Q - Does the trust set up mean you are helping a property investor

Oh well ??

Comment

They banned me again for no reason too Kerry so don't feel alone. Words fail me.

Comment

So what was 6a then Kerry?

Comment

Originally posted by whitt View Post
            So what was 6a then Kerry?
            This from post #1 above, whitt:

6. APIA values speakers from all perspectives and the only limit on speakers is where:
            a. The speaker is involved with the promotion or sale of property products to members. This is intended to cover re-sellers of property;
            b. Where a spaker has been involved in a dispute with APIA five years prior to the speaking opportunity.
            I wonder how broadly "property products" is interpreted?

The WPIA seems to have no qualms about this. Just recently we received Matthew Gilligan, who happily gave a sales pitch at the end (together with a special offer).

Paul.
            Last edited by SuperDad; 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Dont all accountants , lawyers, BNZ economists etc breach rule 6a then?
              SOunds like a poorly written rule which can be loosly applied whenever it suits.

Comment

6.a seems an odd clause. You can see the point, they are trying to reduce the conflict of interest and ensure people are advising rather than sales pitching their members, a laudable aim. However the conflict of interest probably exists with anyone who has a financial interest in property and thus either has some expertise or interesting in giving such a talk. I think a better policy would be to allow conflicts of interest but to ensure that these are acknowledged openly at the beginning in full and that direct sales pitches are kept to a minimum.

Cheers
                David
                New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
                  They banned me again for no reason too Kerry so don't feel alone. Words fail me.
                  Dean: This incredulity seems paper thin. The "no reason" shtick is wearing even thinner.
                  Chiming in to sledge the APIA volunteers every chance you get, trying to discredit them, as you do, won't help.

I haven't discussed it with them, but I personally have no trouble understanding why the Auckland Property Investors Assocation committee wouldn't touch you with a barge pole Dean, given what's emerged about your business operation.

I know you're very good at enthusing/manipulating people, but how long did you think you could get away with it?
                  Really. How stupid do you think people are?

Matthew Gilligan has created his own 'history' and track record with APIA.
                  In other words, he has demonstrated how he/GRA operates. Ask him about it if you're curious.

Why on earth should APIA endorse either of you? Because that's what you're demanding so belligerently
                  ... as if it's somehow your 'right'.

Monid, Whitt: Give the APIA committee some credit for intelligence. Crikey.
                  Peter Aranyi
                  Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

Sure Peter they could be applying the rule in a flexible and sensible fashion. But given that there have been allegations and hassles with the APIA in the past I would have thought they would have been sensible to construct a clear set of rules here, so that they avoid accusations of conflicts of interest themselves.

Cheers
                    David
                    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
                      This from post #1 above, whitt:

I wonder how broadly "property products" is interpreted?

The WPIA seems to have no qualms about this. Just recently we received Matthew Gilligan, who happily gave a sales pitch at the end (together with a special offer).

Paul.
                      If he made the effort to come out of his way (or at least not far out of his way) to come talk to you, I hope you all did the decent thing and took him up on his one time only, limited time, to the WPIA only, this can't last, you'd be crazy to miss out, prices slashed, offer.

Comment

Originally posted by WBuffett View Post
                        If he made the effort to come out of his way (or at least not far out of his way) to come talk to you, I hope you all did the decent thing and took him up on his one time only, limited time, to the WPIA only, this can't last, you'd be crazy to miss out, prices slashed, offer.
                        I am lucky in that I have an excellent accountant here in Hamilton - Ross Barnett at Coombe Smith.

Paul.

Comment

I am lucky in that I have an excellent accountant here in Hamilton - Ross Barnett at Coombe Smith.

Paul.
                          Super, should this post be in the Buyer Beware section?

Are you getting an affiliate payment for this comment?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Stevegoodey View Post
                            Super, should this post be in the Buyer Beware section?

Are you getting an affiliate payment for this comment?

LOL
                            Steve,

Ross Barnett asked me to tell you that I get no affiliate payment every time I mention Ross Barnett's name.

Paul.
                            (Client of Ross Barnett.)

Comment

You mean Ross (Croome Smith) Barnett?

Comment

Steve,

Ross Barnett asked me to tell you that I get no affiliate payment every time I mention Ross Barnett's name.

Paul.
                                (Client of Ross Barnett.)
                                Perhaps for clarity and to show no conflict of interests, it would be best to disclose Ross Barnett Accountant's address and contact details so anyone willing to dispute that you are not getting a affiliate payment from Ross Barnett Accountant, can in fact ring, email or fax Ross Barnett Accountnt to confirm that indeed Ross Barnett Accountant is not paying you said affilate payment. I am sure Ross Barnett Accountant will put them straight as being a fine figure of man, and one of integrity, trust and not to put too fine a point on it one of the best accountants arounds, certainly in Superdads experience with accountants, he will tell the contactee that no he does not pay such a fee to superdad and indeed could tell them of the appopriate accounting treatment if such a payment was made, in fact Ross Barnett Accountant could tell the contactee of the appopriate structure for affilate payments ..of this I am guessing because I am not a client of Ross Barnett Accountant or in any way associated with Ross Barnett Accountant and would not want to give Ross Barnett Accountant any free advertising or publicity ..that should go in the buyer beware section.

Comment

Working...
                                X