Auckland Property Investors' Association Board Speaker Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland Property Investors' Association Board Speaker Policy

The Auckland Property Investors' Association (APIA) welcomes a variety of speakers. Speakers are means of fulfilling one of the objectives of APIA of better educating its members in property investment.

The policy relating to those speaking to APIA is as follows:

1. Speaking time slots are between 45 minutes and one hour. In addition APIA encourages spakers to answer member questions for between 15 and 30 minutes. The precise timeframes will be outlined to any speaker by the President of APIA.
    2. The topic considered needs to be relevant to property investors, which includes residential property and any other form of property investment.
    3. A speaker may for no more than 5 minutes at the conclusion of a presentation promote their own business, but the principle purpose of the speaking opportunity is to educate members rather than sell a product to members.
    4. No materials may be distributed to members except for notes as to the matters to be dicussed and contact details for the speaker.
    5. No fee is payable for a speaker unless previously agreed with them in writing.
    6. APIA values speakers from all perspectives and the only limit on speakers is where:
    a. The speaker is involved with the promotion or sale of property products to members. This is intended to cover re-sellers of property;
    b. Where a spaker has been involved in a dispute with APIA five years prior to the speaking opportunity.
    7. Each montly meeting is sponsored by a third party. We will ensure that this third party's business does not conflict with your own business, but in speaking you will have to be aware that prior to your presentation that meeting sponsor will be promoting their particular product.
    8. There is no difficulty with a speaker also sponsoring a meeting on payment of the applicable fee and in this event such a spaker would have a greater opportunity to promote their business and be acknowledged as a sponsor in promotion of that meeting.

Wow.

I am a member of a MUCH smaller PIA and the thought of all these rules makes my head spin.

Of course there needs to be a framework with a PIA of this size, but all the infighting, rules and regulation it sounds more like a pseudo-council outpost, rather than your friendly local PIA where like minded investors can meet to talk about property.

I think somewhere through all of this you have lost the spirit in which all of this was intended.

All the best (it can't get any worse can it?)
    G
    Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

You should give your full name RevDev and state whether you are an APIA member or not (some people are members of multiple PIAs).

APIA - you need to use spellcheck before you post. "Spaker" twice is not acceptable! There are more typos like montly not "monthly".

Comment

Originally posted by HelenB View Post
        You should give your full name RevDev and state whether you are an APIA member or not (some people are members of multiple PIAs).
        Why should I do that Helen? Am I in breach of the forum rules?

G

Comment

You should give your full name RevDe
          HelenB. Yet you dont give your own fullname....
          Do as I say not as I do eh.

Comment

You should give your full name RevDev and state whether you are an APIA member or not (some people are members of multiple PIAs)
            In the interests of fair play I can confirm that I am not a rapist, murderer or peadophile*, nor an APIA member!

*(please refer to "real name thread").

G
            Last edited by revdev; 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Annette S - I have said in many forum posts, including Kerry Christian's real name thread that my full name is Helen Brooks. Please pay attention.

Kind regards
              Helen

Comment

I notice rev you don't deny being a Sith however?

Comment

What is a Sith. Is it something from your religion Dean?

Comment

Annette S - I have said in many forum posts, including Kerry Christian's real name thread that my full name is Helen Brooks.
                    Prove it. How do we know you didnt just make it up? See, its pointless saying who you are. Its what you say is what counts.
                    Last edited by AnnetteS; 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM.

Comment

If you don't get it from Rev's avatar forget it Helen

Comment

Siths and spellchecking

Hi Helen

Nice to chat to you at the last APIA meeting. I know it isn't the easiest thing for you to get to from Waiheke Island with the bus/taxi and ferry trip - so we do appreciate it your efforts. Saw your kind comments on another thread and glad you also enjoyed the APIA monthly meeting and networking afterwards. Hope to see you on Tuesday next week (Tuesday 10 March, 7:30pm at Alexandra Park, Greenlane) for our quiz night, where after the market update (important as a lot is happening now), we will have the quiz night and a fantastic opportunity to network with your fellow members (cash bar open throughout the night).

Just quickly a Sith is Revdev's avatar (little image by their name) and Sith's were in a movie you may not have watched - Star Wars (Episode 1 I think this image is from) - nothing biblical (I think).

You told me that you used to be a teacher, so understandably grammar is important to you, and certainly standards can indeed slip on the internet. I know I am less likely to spellcheck/proofread emails over written letterhead letters for example. What I will do is chat to our adminstrator about running all correspondence through the internet. I guess going forward since so many in PT are not APIA members, I will get her to focus on sending announcements through our newsletters and mailouts to our database.

Anyway have a great week - I can just imagine you looking out in 30 degree temperatures on another perfect Auckland day watching the sun go down - idyllic.

Kind regards
                        David Whitburn
                        Last edited by David_W; 03-03-2009, 06:13 PM. Reason: typos!

Comment

Belated thank you David - Star Wars isn't my cup of tea. Great to know what a Sith is now.

Have a good weekend all.

Comment

Originally posted by David_W View Post

You told me that you used to be a teacher,
                            That explains a lot
                            Jo Birch
                            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                            +61 450 148 678

Comment

Where is my reply

I sent in an application

still no reponse??

If you like I will post my email to the APIA ----???

Comment

Working...
                              X