No announcement yet.

anyone get this email re APIA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with drelly - Yep run seminars but they should be for 'members only' and free - part of the annual membership fee.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      I'm with drelly - Yep run seminars but they should be for 'members only' and free - part of the annual membership fee.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Donna
      Although i think cover all members requirements.

Have the basic membership included free stuff then various other seminars which members can pay extra for.

This way you cater for the entire market. Members can stick with the small free stuff if they choose, but there will always be a small number who want more depth/ info. Why not provide these people the option of a paid seminar too.

APIA then covers from newbie to advanced. More value to members etc.

Comment

I think considering the history of the associations and their connection with the NZPIF, non-profit is more appropriate. IMHO, I like the "small is beautiful" approach the associations have. If you want to start a business, then go ahead but don't do it using the associations as a vehicle.

The way APIA was being run under Ashley was contrary to their non-profit set up.

Also, if there are concerns about conflict of interest, why support Ron? He's been closely involved with Richmastery and other property-based, profit-making ventures. That goes for a number of potential candidates I would think.

Unfortunately, there is an inherent contradiction there. The best people for a committee are often going to be people involved in the industry. Perhaps the only way around this is to not use services where a committee member has a vested interest.
        You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

As an Aucklander

Team

I want to be involved in the APIA

Yes I have a business and yes I want to sell my services- bugger!!

But read my post - is what I suggested a good idea? Let get NZ's largest PIA back on track and lead by example -

I do not want to be on any board with the APIA ( thanks Whitt for my single vote) I Know I am conflicted - I sell property related services

So the board - Are they conflicted? Some are conflicted and some are not - I will probably be sent to coventry again with this answer - If you are like me and sell property related services we get to be on the 2nd tier (see earlier post)

Oh by the way - Got a call from the APIA about a speaking engagement - they must have seen my post

Should I do it - Maybe - maybe not

Comment

Confused

Originally posted by Kerry Christian View Post
            Team

I want to be involved in the APIA

Yes I have a business and yes I want to sell my services- bugger!!

But read my post - is what I suggested a good idea? Let get NZ's largest PIA back on track and lead by example -

I do not want to be on any board with the APIA ( thanks Whitt for my single vote) I Know I am conflicted - I sell property related services

So the board - Are they conflicted? Some are conflicted and some are not - I will probably be sent to coventry again with this answer - If you are like me and sell property related services we get to be on the 2nd tier (see earlier post)

Oh by the way - Got a call from the APIA about a speaking engagement - they must have seen my post

Should I do it - Maybe - maybe not

Kerry

We received an email from you querying who to contact should you like to present at one of our keynote or local area meetings. You received a reply to that email with a name. As far as we are concerned no one rang you in an attempt to court a presentation.

Kind Regards

Comment

Good ideas Kerry. Need transparent processes.

Comment

Kerry is correct.
                It is highly likely the people involved with wanting to represent members on the board may have property related services.
                Some good points raised and a tier system may be appropriate to allow them to support members without any conflict of interest.

Comment

I agree - surely if a business associated with the property investment industry wants to join APIA - they should only get an associate membership with NO voting rights.

What is APIA - a forum for property investors or a trough for the privileged and those in control to feed from.

The membership is NOT told the facts and activities of the board are hidden - surely if you serve on a non profit board you must agree to NOT profit from that organization.

Why should board members provide paid services - who audits those services to ensure that the fees are fair. Again - would it not be wise to get quotes from several suppliers to ensure transparency and fairness to the members who PAY for all of this. It seems the board thinks the funds paid by members are their own funds to do with what they want.

Make the current board walk the plank and get people with integrity involved - impartial people there to serve APIA - not rape and pillage

Comment

I have just received an email from APIA - promoting a development in Remuera (developer name -True Solutions..)which as far as I can see has bugger all to do with APIA. I'm more than a bit unhappy and have just emailed them to let them know.
                    Is this an abuse of the database of can they send out anything they like?
                    Jo Birch
                    Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                    +61 450 148 678

Comment

Ditto heg, I couldn't believe it. We should all report them for spamming. What is going on in there??

Comment

I also received the newsletter. Funnily enough, Gmail considered it to be spam, and that's where I found it - in my Spam folder.
                        Lisa

Comment

Dear APIA

Agree with your answer - i did send an email to you.

However - I did receive a call from someone and the conversation was about property and also mentioned supporting me in a speaking engagement as they indicated they were able do this.

My assumption was they are part of the APIA in a role that can make these decisions - I accepted that

I receive calls all the time from Property investor associations about speaking engagements - and have spoken at a number of them.

Now that I have cleared this up Mr APIA - Why bag me on PT - do you want to prove me a liar, discredit me, hell call me blueship - personally a phone call to me and a talk could have sorted out any wrong assumtions. I am big enough (Losing weight though) to apologise for anything I say is wrong and do so publicly

So lets get back to the real issue

I have some good deals, they have been checked and peer reveiwed by our people - can you give me the person who i can send this to so you can put to your database please - I need to make some sales???

And secondly - I offered an idea - maybe radical - why not discuss the merits of that??

THat is the APIA problem - not discussing there is a problem. You know there are a number of very switched on people on this forum and we all want the best for each other.

I am sure we can get the APIA on track within 1 week if they listen? You have my phone number if someone wants to discuss this

And for the record _ I do not want to be on the board - but I would consider being in a 2nd tier

Comment

On the upside though...

Originally posted by Heg View Post
                            I have just received an email from APIA - promoting a development in Remuera (developer name -True Solutions..)which as far as I can see has bugger all to do with APIA. I'm more than a bit unhappy and have just emailed them to let them know.
                            Is this an abuse of the database of can they send out anything they like?
                            Ditto. On the upside though, i'm sure we all have properties we'd like to move, maybe we too could be advised how we can submit them and what cost (I am assuming there would be one) to do so. And at the same time the proceeds would be going to a good cause, ie APIA funds :O)

Cheers,

Lincoln

Comment

"Now that I have cleared this up Mr APIA - Why bag me on PT - do you want to prove me a liar, discredit me, hell call me blueship - personally a phone call to me and a talk could have sorted out any wrong assumtions. I am big enough (Losing weight though) to apologise for anything I say is wrong and do so publicly"

A helpful hint: Perhaps if you were less defensive and so insecure they might not be so reluctant to agree with your suggestions as dealing with that kind of person in any business can be too difficult and aggravatig to bother with at times

Comment

I contacted APIA by email and phone re. the SPAM development email as soon as it happened. Give me a break, how thick do people think I am (don't answer that!). Apparently it was an error

That's a sure fire way to get black listed by an ISP. Training 101: How to build a database and loose it in 3 minutes or less - Send unsolicited emails! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X