anyone get this email re APIA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toby View Post
    I contacted APIA by email and phone re. the SPAM development email as soon as it happened. Give me a break, how thick do people think I am (don't answer that!). Apparently it was an error

That's a sure fire way to get black listed by an ISP. Training 101: How to build a database and loose it in 3 minutes or less - Send unsolicited emails! lol
    I emailed them to complain and got this in reply

"Many many apologies for the email two days ago.* It was meant for another distribution list but when I had realised the mistake it was too late to stop some of the emails going out.* I do sincerely apologise for this seemly unprofessionalism and ask that you accept my assurance that it will not happen in the future."
    Jo Birch
    Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
    +61 450 148 678

Comment

Maybe just a cover up?

Comment

One wonders how many distribution lists APIA has? lol

I can suggest a very good book by Seth Godin - "Permission marketing"

Comment

Still have not had a call from APIA

Bugger

A phone call would be great, I actually want to help

Do they want to be rescued? Or am I not worthy enough for comment!

Or do we all join the Traders?

HMMMM - where is the leadership here at APIA

Comment

Dumb and Dumber

Dear Kerry

Just a thought. APIA or the Board of APIA probably don't read the forums, and don't have to. I have been a guest to the forums for a couple of years now since there is no requirement to register just to read posts.

There is so much drama from a group of 20-30 people that turned me and many of my friends off from registering and wanting to post. Forums like Massive Action, Landlords and Richmastery just don't have the level of flaming, put downs, ego trips that PropertyTalk has. I am sorry but you a one of the often unconstructive posters, and this is not a fun environment where it is poorly moderated and managed and people all too often get shot down. It's a real turn off.

Perhaps you should write/email the secretary of APIA Kerry. I know from a friend that Barry Bigman was even able to meet with Tony Stiendle the Secretary and Sue Tierney the President, who are both extremely highly respected in the industry. After their monthly meetings I have been able to speak with Board members - so perhaps you should speak to them at the end of the March meeting.

Kind regards
            Helen

Comment

Dear APIA

Unlike many that seem to post I am a current member and do not appreciate you sending spam like that overpriced crap property. I have no problem with you getting money for advertising, however please put it on your website and/or your in or with your newsletter. Hey if its a genuine admin error, that is ok - please ensure it doesn't happen again though.

Your monthly meetings are excellent - I loved Tina Chan (so inspirational), also Grant Clifford and Tony Vujnovich at the last monthly meeting - thank you. I think the best thing about APIA is its members, and having I guess 250ish people at that February meeting (and most meetings) to talk about rents, values and their strategies for the year ahead, and tenants issues is the best thing about APIA. Keep it up.

Thanks
              Helen

Comment

Originally posted by HelenB View Post
                Forums like Massive Action, Landlords and Richmastery just don't have the level of flaming, put downs, ego trips that PropertyTalk has.
                Did I read that right?....no ego trips on RM? Seems as you bought the topic up on another thread, who do you think might have ego issues..non de plume or MyName.com posters?

Regards
                Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

For the record I have been mentored at Richmastery and I liked the mentoring - just not their sleasy sales pitches. I don't what has happened to Sean Wood though, he seems to not be there anymore.

You are right as many Richmastery people have massive egos, which they do not warrant. Again I state you should give your name if you have nothing to hide. As a former teacher can you imagine me trying to teach in a class full of K1w1 and Revdevs - it is absurb.

Helen Brooks
                  Last edited by essence; 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM. Reason: Rule 1B

Comment

Jenny Shipley quoted in the NZ Herald Sat March 6

"As is normal for any professional independent director, I declare an interest and withdraw from any discussion if and when any perceived or actual conflict arises."

Now that's a good idea for APIA.

Comment

Working...
                    X