Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your credit card limit?

Following on from this thread:

it seems banks keep increasing limits till they get to ridiculous amounts.

what is yours.

Note: If you have more than one card, combine the amounts.
    I dont have a CC
    3.48%
    $1000
    1.74%
    $1,001 - 5,000
    11.30%
    $5,001 - 10,000
    19.13%
    $10,001 - 20,000
    33.04%
    $20,001+
    31.30%
    Last edited by donna; 19-02-2009, 05:06 PM. Reason: put in correct post number for start of thread

I have asb platinium with the lowest balance of $10k. Security with the chip and good rewards (only bettered by one of the flybys I think and Amex which isn't accepted as widely).

Comment

Multiple cards here. I have one main card with a separate one for internet based purchases & a third for emergencies. Then I have one for work expenses, and another for my own business. Total combined credit limits are quite high but never get close to them & all repaid in full each month.

Average monthly spend on cards ~$2K in total.

Comment

No comment

Comment

Combined limits of $40k over 3 cards. Neither was more than $3k at the start. This problem is also a sleeping giant for banks, as the ability for those who max out to use equity to repay is gone, for now at least.

The proactive no comment.... haven't seen that in a while.

Comment

lol..... that's because I need to protect the innocent and not scare the young

Comment

Mine's about $12k - but the bank has volunteered to increase it several times now, and I keep rejecting the offer (in part, because I know the full amount affects your LVR). I never go anywhere near the full amount, and it's paid off in full every month.
              Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                lol..... that's because I need to protect the innocent and not scare the young
                and to hide the limit from his wife

Comment

i don't have a credit card

but a debit card

acts like a credit card but you can only spend what you have in the account

not sure if nz has them

banks don't seem to find much use for them

still got a daily limit of $8500

to help prevent theft i guess
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

I've got a big one (limit that is) and maybe cos I've got a small one (brain that is) I feel quite good about that !! Yep it's probably pathetic but just knowing I CAN walk into the dealer and buy a new mid-sized car and say "put it on the plastic" makes me feel as if I've got a big one (credit limit that is ;-0 ). Yep it IS pathetic isn't it ? BUT it still makes me feel good, darn old fool that I am.
                    Common sense isn't so common anymore

Comment

HI Liza
                      I dont think your high limit affects anything if you pay if off each month, we have massive limits on our cards but pay them off so they never take it into consideration. Of course we don't use very much of the limits anyway but it is good to know it is there if you had an absolute emergency, plus good if you do make a large purchase, we put my husbands car on it a few years ago when we purchased it that was $30k, rather hand over the card than the cash, gives us another month or so with the money in the bank anyway.

We Like to use the cards because of the airpoints and hotpoints then we can buy cool things with those or fly free somewhere. Or as we did recently just put more airpoints on our account. As we had to do alot of trips to Christchurch last year when my brother in law took ill until he passed away so it was good not having to use our cash for that.

Still go occasionally, booked some of those $1 fares jetstar put out, couldnt resist.

Comment

Hi eri
                        debit cards are here in NZ.

as far as theft goes trust me your credit cards are covered for that too. we have had ours taken or the number in the past and it is all covered as someone ran up some very large spending on them and we weren't responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by CENTRAL55 View Post
                          I've got a big one (limit that is) and maybe cos I've got a small one (brain that is) I feel quite good about that !! Yep it's probably pathetic but just knowing I CAN walk into the dealer and buy a new mid-sized car and say "put it on the plastic" makes me feel as if I've got a big one (credit limit that is ;-0 ). Yep it IS pathetic isn't it ? BUT it still makes me feel good, darn old fool that I am.
                          When I bought a brand new small car a couple of years ago, I had planned to put it all on my CC, the limit wasn't enough but had planned to put enough cash into the CC account to cover the full purchase so that I could earn the max reward points.

I asked the dealer prior to taking delivery if I could pay the full amount by CC but was told I could use CC for 5k only, with the balance by cheque.
                          Last edited by SmallBrain; 20-02-2009, 10:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me. They refused to take the credit card because of the transaction fee they said at the time.

Never tried it since.

Comment

I guess we probably had already bargained a good price and there was less margin for the dealers to take a hit with the transaction fee.

Comment

Working...
                              X