Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian exposure to New Zealand banks

Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Great - made sense to me. Let's get it happening.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

1'10" to 1'17"

"a severe and protracted recession in nz could easily lead to a 50% fall in house prices"

ouch!
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

This was an interesting video - thanks for posting it.

Another call for a common currency - economically New Zealand is essentially an off-shoot of Australia, its about time we had a common currency even though I expect most NZ'ers would hate it.

If we do have a major recession, causing wide-spread unemployment, of course house prices will plunge. If no one has work they can't afford to borrow etc etc. The million dollar question is how severe will the recession be.

I'm now moving away from future purchases in NZ and starting to look to Oz. NZ is just to risky - the economy is so small and there is far to much chance of something like foot and mouth turning up and wiping us out economically.

Comment

Thanks Marc.
          I despair at these economists. What about addressing the real issues?
          For example, where is money created? With the US$ as the main reserve currency of the world, the Fed creates money, and countries like NZ pay the interest on it.

A common NZ/Oz currency. It's irrelevant nick-picking.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Netwriter View Post
            Thanks Marc.

A common NZ/Oz currency. It's irrelevant nick-picking.
            Umm maybe - I suppose people feel we can do something to predict our fate.

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

IMO if we want to be masters of our own fate we need to first recognise the negatives of the current debt-based interest bearing fiat money system which is just draining NZ dry. I think you know that's true. That's why their are so many discussions about how to keep NZ assets owned by us.

Then we need to start using a better system. In this current situation complementary currencies look like the best bet.
              We have the chance of being world leaders in this. Unfortunately I am skeptical that we will take on the challenge.

Comment

Shallow analysis of the situation and he should be more concerned about Aussie than NZ. Numbers are much bigger there and they are still running an economy run by the unions and counting export receipts that will not eventuate.

Comment

Very Informative posts thank you
                  It is a global thing all of this things happening it's sad that right now it's in NZ.
                  May the market recover soon...

Comment

Originally posted by InvestmentGuru View Post
                    Very Informative posts thank you
                    It is a global thing all of this things happening it's sad that right now it's in NZ.
                    May the market recover soon...
                    Interesting what was said over 30 months ago. Has it actually happened? Have prices dropped? If so, by what percentage?

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                    X