If no taker, increase the rent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If no taker, increase the rent!

This is a small office in Chancery Square with modern fit-out. Back in November last year it was handled by an agent asking for $30,800 annual rent. Few days ago it's advertised by the owner(?) for a rent of $32,000. Looking at the pictures, I don't see any major upgrade of the office, and nothing is mentioned about any new features added either. It appears to me that the logic must be: if there is no taker, increase the rent.

Heck, that approach may even work. If there are no other similar propertys to compete with, why undercut yourself?

Comment

I've had a success in renting a commercial property by doing this very recently.

You get a different type of person and a different level of interest at an adjusted price point.

I've also noticed a lot of movement in tenancies of small commercial tenancies seems everyone is taking a smaller space or moving in with another company and sharing a building.

Comment

car dealers also use this tactic so I am told it can work a treat...good to know

Comment

lots of residential property in auckland trying that too

doesn't kiyosato mention being unable to sell wife's apartment for a million but then selling it quickly when relisted for 2?
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

I just checked and there are now 738 offices available in the same area (CBD) for lease, and the number has been increasing this year. In this environment, what is the technique that you think can be used to increase the asking rent even though the supply and demand situation is not in your favor? How do you decide that you can actually increase the rent after your agent has failed to get anyone in? I'm very keen to learn this technique.

Comment

at a guess

you list at a usual price, but the only responses you get are from people trying to haggle you down an extra 30%

after 6 months of this and with nothing to lose you re-list for 30% higher

suddenly someone who was looking at higher bracket sees your place and comes round, they haggle you down 30% and when agree, everyone's happy
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

Working...
              X