Palliside Weatherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palliside Weatherboard

Does anyone have any exoerience with Palliside Weatherboard? Is it good, bad or the same as Linea or Timber? Some say its the best thing since sliced bread and others say its untested cheap plustic product which should be avoided...

Does anyone know anything about it please?

Thanks
    Judge

Hi Judge,

I’m doing a house at the moment and to be honest I haven’t made up my mind yet.
    I have never liked the idea of plastic on a house but Palliside does have it’s advantages.

Price wise I think it is pretty much the same as wooden weatherboard.
    Labour wise Palliside is much much quicker so you save some money there.
    But the big question is how it will last. In saying that I have a house in Manurewa that has plastic cladding and was built some twenty five years ago. The plastic is very brittle so you can’t lean a ladder on it but it still comes up like new with a good water blast.

The other thought I had was the perceived value would a potential buyer see plastic as cheap or easy to clean.

Personally I still prefer wooden weatherboards.

Allan

Comment

I personally don't like the look of palliside.

I also don't like the time required to maintain timber weatherboards in good condition.

Brick is good.

Comment

Originally posted by alhoon View Post
        But the big question is how it will last. In saying that I have a house in Manurewa that has plastic cladding and was built some twenty five years ago. The plastic is very brittle so you can’t lean a ladder on it but it still comes up like new with a good water blast.
        that would clinch it for me. If after 20yrs it is brittle then I wouldn't have it. Maybe you know not to lean a ladder against it but sometime something will crack a peice and you will have trouble. Cladding should last more than 20yrs.

I would go for Linea - paints easily, stable and weathers well. Bit fiddlier to put up but I would think worth it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          that would clinch it for me. If after 20yrs it is brittle then I wouldn't have it. Maybe you know not to lean a ladder against it but sometime something will crack a peice and you will have trouble. Cladding should last more than 20yrs.

I would go for Linea - paints easily, stable and weathers well. Bit fiddlier to put up but I would think worth it in the end.
          Yes that was one other thing about Palliside, if a board gets damage they are all interlocking so it looked to me that whatever board was damaged you would have to take off all the boards above to replace it.

As for Linea I’m not sold yet, I’ll think I’ll give it another decade before I make that decision. That company’s track record it’s that great just look at harditex.

Allan

Comment

Yes that was one other thing about Palliside, if a board gets damage they are all interlocking so it looked to me that whatever board was damaged you would have to take off all the boards above to replace it.

As for Linea I’m not sold yet, I’ll think I’ll give it another decade before I make that decision. That company’s track record it’s that great just look at harditex.

Allan
            what was wrong with Harditex?

Comment

Linea is also really heavy, may nto be allowed in some areas.
              two ears and just one mouth.. for good reason.

Comment

I looked at buying a house that had Pallisade and I didn't like it. It was a few years old and the cladding had started to fade and given enough time I'd worry it would become brittle.
                You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys. I think the answer is pretty clear.

Comment

Their FAQ on their website says that it will not go brittle and includes a 25 year warranty.

In the event of dynex going under will that warranty be protected by master builders?

Comment

yeah right!!!!

Comment

yeah right!!!!
                        Well said have a Tui!

In any case...any more opinions on paliside?

Comment

Check out the Dynex Website to see more information on this company. This company makes Palliside and the product is then installed by Builders. If the builder is a masterbuilder then yes the project should be covered by Masterbuilders (if the guarantee is current). Dynex offer a 25 year guarantee on the product, and it does not become brittle over this time. Dynex have had accellerated testing done over the last 20 years which supports this claim. Palliside is made from UV stabilised uPVC and should not be confused with other inferior vinyl claddings which were imported on and off over the last twenty years and didnt offer same quality.

Comment

Originally posted by lowmaintenancechick View Post
                            Check out the Dynex Website to see more information on this company. This company makes Palliside and the product is then installed by Builders. If the builder is a masterbuilder then yes the project should be covered by Masterbuilders (if the guarantee is current). Dynex offer a 25 year guarantee on the product, and it does not become brittle over this time. Dynex have had accellerated testing done over the last 20 years which supports this claim. Palliside is made from UV stabilised uPVC and should not be confused with other inferior vinyl claddings which were imported on and off over the last twenty years and didnt offer same quality.
                            and you work for who?

Comment

A company that doesnt sell or recommend or use claddings which dont perform! cheers Wayne. Who do you work for?

Comment

Working...
                              X