• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: best airline?

Larger jet traffic through Napier
    is very unusual. 747s can land
    and take-off, but with limited
    payloads. That said, sounds
    more like deja moo, to me.
    (Your bovine tale, I mean)
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by spurner View Post
    Thank goodness we finally have a serious and long-term player here that is really going to shake up the market. I'm sick of paying $2,000 for a ticket to Bangkok. I think it's going to cost half that much now. And even if one doesn't want to travel on a budget airline; Air NZ and the other airlines are really going to have to sharpen their pencils now...

http://topnews.net.nz/content/210506...ifts-travelers
    One year later and May is their last flight to ChCH.

Yes, that sucks! They're pulling out of a few of their long haul markets this year. The fact that they were flying out of Chch rather than Akl probably wasn't such a good move however.

My flight back in Sept went well with no problems (as has most other flights I've taken with them). But now they've got a few very unhappy customers who had trips planned later this year - I guess time will tell whether or not they are adequately compensated, etc.
    Lisa

I think SIA(Singapore Airlines) stands out coz of their exceptional service and inflight comfort

Quote Originally Posted by theparlis View Post
    I think SIA(Singapore Airlines) stands out coz of their exceptional service and inflight comfort
    Hah.....don't talk to me about Singapore Airlines

Am off to Turkey soon with a 4 day stopover at Singapore then on to Turkey......like 2 holidays in one I thought, and then directly home after the Turkey experience

So the other day, the agent tells me that the airline has decided that we will no longer be flying direct from Singapore to Istanbal but instead will be going via Germany.....adding lots more travel time and hence a shorter stay in Istanbul prior to our tour

Same on the way back...... i.e. Istanbal, Germany, Singapore, Auckland.......a total of 32hrs traveling time.

Not surprisingly I did a wee bit of a whinge.....ok a lot of whinging, only to be told that the airline considered this to be quite an acceptable alternative and if we wanted to change our flights there would be an additional charge.

Wot the f***

A lot more whinging and the airline most generously dropped the fee.....but the change of flights means we now have only 3 days in Singapore and one day less in Turkey.

Ok I've got that one off my chest......

But is there another website where disgruntled air travellers moan...... and I can post my story

We're just hoping we can hang onto our new Kapiti to AKL flights - it's on trial and we know if we don't use it we'll lose it...so we are personally using it as much as we can. The flights are at least half full - not sure if that is enough for Air NZ.
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Ahar

Try posting here.
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php

What reason were you given for the change?
    Is your original flight still operating on that day, and are fares being advertised on the web?
    Which airline they put you on From Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by speights boy View Post
    Ahar

Try posting here.
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php

What reason were you given for the change?
    Is your original flight still operating on that day, and are fares being advertised on the web?
    Which airline they put you on From Germany?
    No reason given for the change and yes the original flight is the one that has been changed...... now travelling via Germany and as far as I'm aware, all travel was with Singapore Airlines.

But was in such a grumpy mood didn't think to ask those questions.

Don't know if the fare is still being advertised.....might just go and check

Aaah....just checked and those flights have been cancelled......... definately not being advertised.

I presume the reason for this was the old classic......."not enough bums on seats" ..........and it looks like their "acceptable alternative" was flying to Germany with another airline

Seems like they don't care enough about their customers who book with them because they want the "Singapore girl experience"

But seriously, one of the reasons I was flying with them was I'd heard they were a "great way to fly"........was looking forward to a superior service and hopefully better food.

Flights to Singapore and onto Istabul are both about 11hrs......such a long time.....you really need something to look forward to.

Comming home will entail a 3.5hr stopover in Singapore......a total of about 25hrs travelling time.

The service better be good
    Last edited by Ahar; 16-03-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: afterthought

You seriously aren't looking forward to airline food I hope. Even in the superior classes it's abysmal. I don't care what airline it is.

Thread Information