No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going with "scare tactics". Scaring the bank back into issuing press release announcements of rate rises, replete with correct, rather than scarily overblown, figures!

Ellie

BTW: Which are the three banks with the best customer relations?

Comment

Hi Guys

ANZ moved interest rates tonite.

Floating rate is up to cover Westpac.

However they have moved 2, 3, 4 & 5yr fixed rates down.

Anybody for chess?

Check out the latest rates on:

Regards
      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

The short answer is to
        a) lock in for a bit longer in the first place (and take a gamble that rates will rise)
        b) budget your repayments on 2 points higher than you are paying already (thereby reducing principal quicker or saving a bit for unforseen rises in the future)

Comment

Hi Guys

Westpac at it again.
          They have put 6mths and 1yr rates up and 2, 3, 4, 5yr fixed rates down.

Regards
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Hi muppet,

What's your source - they haven't changed their web site yet.

cube
            DFTBA

Comment

Hi Cube

Try:

Regards

Comment

Hi Guys

ANZ have dropped their 2 yr fixed rates to below Westpacs as from this morning.

Competition starting again, instead of being sheep and following each other?
                Regards

Comment

Hi Guys

Westpac have thrown in a 30mth fixed rate at 7.15% as from tomorrow.

Regards

Comment

I just noticed that 7.15% 30 month rate myself... quite tempting if you're on their Redpack scheme as you'd get another 0.2% off that.
                    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Hi Drelly

I don't think the Redpac package applies when considering those special rates.

Those special rates have special conditions so read the fine print carefully.

Regards

Comment

Correct - Generally, the specials don't get discounted further.
                        DFTBA

Comment

The Redpac discount isn't normally applied no... and it's not on the 18 month rate of 7.15% but according to their website, the 30 month at 7.15% can include the discount. Maybe it's a mistake?

You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Hi Drelly

You could be correct or else someone has left the asterix out.

Regards

Comment

hi

We have just got a fixed rate at 6.95 for 12 months. We decided to only fix for 12 months as the previous cycle of interest rate highs and lows is approximately 2 years. We used a different lending organisation than you have been mentioning.

Tamara
                              You don't know how great things are until you loose it.

Comment

I recently got 6.7% fixed for one year and 7.05% for 2 years. These were 0.5% off the advertised rates simply by asking the the question. It may have something to do with my good looks, but I somehow doubt it.

Other parts of my loans are still in fixed terms, however the negotiated 0.5% saved me about $1,600, and many times that if I compare what I am paying under the current floating rate.

Simple money by asking the simple question.

Woof

Comment

Working...
                                X