No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANyone had any 3 year fixed rates of competitive nature recently? Friend has jsut been offered 4.99 from ANZ bank with $3k towards costs and Kiwibank have matched rate and cash for him to stay! He doesn't even have a lot of lending!!
    Seems pretty good to me. Thoughts?

Comment

• None of the big four have moved yet.
      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by muppet View Post
        None of the big four have moved yet.
        Does anybody know of a special that bnz has which ends tomorrow Sunday 16 June 2013? I understand there is a special rate for lvr's of 70% or less. I will be calling in at a branch tomorrow but thought I might ask the community here first.
        http://Www.renopro.nz

Comment

• Are BNZ branches really
          open on Sundays?

Comment

• Yup sure are. A selected few that operate within shopping malls.
            Last edited by Dood; 15-06-2013, 10:37 PM. Reason: Not enough information given. Pressed enter too early!
            http://Www.renopro.nz

Comment

• Am I reading this right that HSB & SBS Bank are offering 5.65% for 5 years!!!???

Comment

• Yep that's what it says. And just as Kiwibank raises it's 5 year rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orpheus1 View Post
                  Am I reading this right that HSB & SBS Bank are offering 5.65% for 5 years!!!???

Yeah I did a double take when i saw that.
                  But what is the fine print around lending, max LVR and stuff like that.
                  And who are they again, its alphabet soup to me, and do they work through brokers or like BNZ.

Comment

• Pretty awesome rates across all terms really!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ithink View Post
                      http://www.sbs.net.nz/Services/Inter...LoanRates.aspx

Pretty awesome rates across all terms really!!

Yup think I'm finally going to fix the lot.
                      Thinking half for 3 years at 4.99% and the rest at 5 years 5.65%
                      That will give me a nice little average and safety margin for the next 3-5 years.

Comment

That will give me a nice little average and safety margin for the next 3-5 years.
                        Note the fine print on that link.

Something about the rate at drawdown applies, something like that.
                        They dont have a ratelock system ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                          Note the fine print on that link.

Something about the rate at drawdown applies, something like that.
                          They dont have a ratelock system ?
                          Any idea what this means?

Cheers

Comment

• Kiwibank raises four and five year home loan rates as wholesale costs rise, yield curves steepen
                            And now they raise their 2 yr 0.2%

With the US suggesting an end to QE, NZ lower quarter GDP than forecast, it has meant a nice little drop for the NZD.
                            I wonder if Mr Wheeler is one for surprises ?.......probably not.

Comment

Is the 3 yr rate still available?

Comment

• With the US suggesting an end to QE, NZ lower quarter GDP than forecast, it has meant a nice little drop for the NZD.
                                Our dollar down another 1.5c to about 77.5c US.
                                Great news for our exporters.
                                Mr Wheeler will be feeling happier as well, each cent drop gives him just a bit more flexibility when he needs to act.

Comment

Working...
                                X