Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    Have just been offered the following rates for 1.5m of new lending, thoughts???

3.39 6mnths
    2.79 1yr
    2.79 18mnts
    2.69 2yrs
    2.99 3yrs
    3.09 4yrs
    3.19 5yrs

Im thinking some negotiations are needed!
    At 3.39% for the 1st 6 months you'd need to get 2.18% for the 2nd 6mths to equal the 2.79% for the year.
    So do you think interest rates will be 2.18% or better in 6mths time?

Comment

• Im picking 2 by xmas, but I see your point, and floating is just too expensive for that much.
      "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
        Have just been offered the following rates for 1.5m of new lending, thoughts???

3.39 6mnths
        2.79 1yr
        2.79 18mnts
        2.69 2yrs
        2.99 3yrs
        3.09 4yrs
        3.19 5yrs

Im thinking some negotiations are needed!
        Which bank ? I got 2.65% for 1yr and pretty sure ANZ did even lower 2.55% 1yr ....going from the last so many years 1yr fixed has been the smartest move saving me thousands ....keep thinking I should go longer term ...but can't pass up the lowest rate going as ever year later its even better ...

Personal don't think this will continue forever ...IMHO bottom will be hit during 2021 then rates will flatline to move higher 2022 onwards

Comment

• Get with it, guys.

Math is something attended by a Roman Catholic who lisps.

In real English, we have mathematics, shortened to maths.

Do not succumb to execrable USAnglish idiom.

Turn off the idiot box (TV) and talk with your family!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
            Get with it, guys.

Math is something attended by a Roman Catholic who lisps.

In real English, we have mathematics, shortened to maths.

Do not succumb to execrable USAnglish idiom.

Turn off the idiot box (TV) and talk with your family!
            Churr bro...

Comment

• Anyone getting better rates or/& inducements on new residential borrowings of about $2m (than what is posted on the internet) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beano View Post
                Anyone getting better rates or/& inducements on new residential borrowings of about $2m (than what is posted on the internet) ?
                If I was borrowing $2m I wouldn't be asking here for rates.
                I'm sure you can find rates on your own.
                I haven't borrowed $2m in one strike but when I last refixed Westpac came to the party with good rates - it's all about the relationship at that level.

Comment

• Im still negotiating on 1.5m of lending with SBS, Id be happy with 2.55 for one year if I can get it.

Comment

• SBS has come to the party and offered 2.55 for 1 year, pretty happy with that, will be fixing with them for that rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      If I was borrowing $2m I wouldn't be asking here for rates.
                      I'm sure you can find rates on your own.
                      I haven't borrowed $2m in one strike but when I last refixed Westpac came to the party with good rates - it's all about the relationship at that level.

Why not? I'm following the discussion and will be locking at least that amount in the next 3-6 months.

A couple of million isn't playing at the deep end of the pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                        Why not? I'm following the discussion and will be locking at least that amount in the next 3-6 months.

A couple of million isn't playing at the deep end of the pool.
                        Not these days anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post
                          well I think we could well see rates force upwards on bond issues esp around countries with high household debt to GDP like NZ with clueless Govt. not helping .....I see rates being forced upwards from late 2020 IMHO .. and yes you could come off a 5yr right into higher rates but then you should have saved a good chunk over the previous years
                          Not happening, yet, it seems.

Comment

• i am looking to refix the interest rate on about $600k of borrowing, been offered 2.49% for 12 months by Westpac (current bank and the best rate in my few years investing) but am just wondering if any of you have seen better rates recently and/or see rates coming down further in the next 1-3 months. Will spring specials and the talk of a negative OCR see rates fall further in the short term.
                            Last edited by Perry; 17-09-2020, 03:09 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

• Originally posted by heugumper View Post
                              i am looking to refix the interest rate on about $600k of borrowing, been offered 2.49% for 12 months by Westpac (current bank and the best rate in my few years investing) but am just wondering if any of you have seen better rates recently and/or see rates coming down further in the next 1-3 months. Will spring specials and the talk of a negative OCR see rates fall further in the short term.
                              2.29% for 1y with green bank

Comment

• Will we see sub 2% >> 1yr -2yr fixed terms .. early to mid new year ??? I think we will and I'll be happy to take them up when due JULY21 ...now what will longer term rates be will be during this time will be interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X