Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exactly

they are afraid everyone will switch from long term loans to 1yr loans at 3.9%

which would mean that when the reserve bank next needs to cool the economy by raising rates

it will negatively affect so many people

the political cost to the gov. will be too high
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• Forever

Interest rates to rise 'significantly', house prices fall, economist says
      16 Nov 2018

Originally posted by Stuff
      Mortgage rates will rise "significantly" in the years ahead, a leading economist is warning, and it may deliver a killer blow to the housing market. Westpac chief economist Dominick Stephens said in his latest market update that he was convinced interest rates would rise before too long. Interest rates were the most important drive of house prices, he said, and could not keep falling forever.
      When a prediction includes such oxymorons as: could not keep falling forever, it's easy to see that it's just headline grabbing.

Prediction noted in my calendar under date: forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
        Interest rates to rise 'significantly', house prices fall, economist says
        16 Nov 2018

When a prediction includes such oxymorons as: could not keep falling forever, it's easy to see that it's just headline grabbing.

Prediction noted in my calendar under date: forever.
        I fear poor Dominick won't live long enough to see his prediction come true.
        Meanwhile, by 2025, Auckland's house prices should have doubled again.

Comment

• Another failed prediction - from 21 Nov 2016.

Originally posted by Judge View Post
          Interest rates are going up very fast. . . So its reasonably safe to assume that interest rates will only go up.

Comment

• Normally 10 years in NZ economic cycle. But who knows, we might continue kicking the can a few more years.
            I think the way things are going we will be in recession next year by second quarter.
            • 2008 Global financial crisis (11.8 percent loss in GDP)
            • 1998 Recession
            • 1987 Stock Market crash
            • 1978 Recession (12.8 percent loss in GDP)
            • 1968 Recession

Comment

• Prediction noted. Back to this around 30 April, being one month into the second quarter.

Best of luck.
              Last edited by Perry; 30-04-2019, 06:07 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

• Just refixed a loan today for 12 months @ 3.95%
                Lowest rate I've ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                  Just refixed a loan today for 12 months @ 3.95%
                  Lowest rate I've ever had.
                  Although it would be counted as glitch but I grabbed 3.99% for 2 years in 2016 from KB which supposed to be fixed. But somehow they set it as floating so at one moment in 2017 I had 3.69% for a month or 2

Comment

• Refixed two loans with Westpac for 3.95% 12 months, rental property.
                    Gary Lin Property Coaching
                    www.Garylin.co
                    https://www.facebook.com/RealGaryLin/

Comment

• We need less predictions and more useful information here... What offers have you recently received from banks?

There seems to be lots of 3.95% fixed for 1 year. What about longer terms - 2 / 3 / 4 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by xsfat View Post
                        We need less predictions and more useful information here... What offers have you recently received from banks?

There seems to be lots of 3.95% fixed for 1 year. What about longer terms - 2 / 3 / 4 years?
                        Bnz is offering 3.99 for 2 years

Comment

• Had offers from ANZ on Saturday morning: 3.95% 1y and 4.19% for 2y. That's for investment property.

Comment

• thanks

good to know
                            have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

• Anyone offered cash for staying with Westpac? Is it worth pursuing or they don’t do it anymore? If not I’m keen to move but according to broker serviceability might be issue for other banks because of my income.
                              Last edited by quebec; 19-12-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Ive got about 100k fixed till Sept 2019 and 2.1m floating at 4.9%
                                Anyone recently rolled over this amount and if so what was your best interest rate offers and was there any cash back?
                                My gearing is about 50% with good cash flow.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X