Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prop Investment Accountant, any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Investment Accountant, any recommendations?

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and have a question on taxes.

For my previous properties, I usually put it under a company, however, when I purchased my own home, the lawyer advised us to put it under our own names as it's not a rental.

I don't feel quite right/safe to put it under personal name, just wondering if it's a good idea to transfer our own house to an LAQC, and possibly pay rent and claim the GST & depreciation? Would IRD think it's dodgy?

How do you allocate properties to LAQC, family trust...etc? I heard from a friend that he uses LAQC for all rentals, trust for quick cash deals.

Any recommendation for a good property investor's accountant & lawyer in Auckland?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Where to start

For my previous properties, I usually put it under a company, however, when I purchased my own home, the lawyer advised us to put it under our own names as it's not a rental.
    Bad idea, put it into a family trust

I don't feel quite right/safe to put it under personal name, just wondering if it's a good idea to transfer our own house to an LAQC, and possibly pay rent and claim the GST & depreciation? Would IRD think it's dodgy?
    Yes they wil absolutely don't do it.

How do you allocate properties to LAQC, family trust...etc? I heard from a friend that he uses LAQC for all rentals, trust for quick cash deals.
    Talk to a decent accountant/structure person

Any recommendation for a good property investor's accountant & lawyer in Auckland?
    Click the banner advert, GRA are great accountants/structure people.
    My solicitor is the best in the business for property, Mike Vallant of Vallant Hooker and Partners in Ponsonby, 09 3600321

Comment

Thanks for your valuable advice & recommendations.

Comment

Working...
      X