• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default How many social networking sites are there?

Too many!!

Just like all business categories there is an influx of options then most (95%) disappear over time and 1 web site becomes the dominant leader in their category. This theory comes from the "The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing" book extra when the 22 laws are applied to the Net.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Far to many. Social networking sites only work when all your friends are on it. Therefore their is a major barrier to entry if you want to shift networks. the one with the best features doesn't necessarily survive. You cant choose one just on features alone as it may get leap frogged and the effort to shift is too great.

And do kiwis really use them anyway?

Hello,

I have seen loads of Kiwis on Facebook. I have not linked to old school mates as I cannot remember their names and I didn't reach Uni. But I can see through my FB friends their own networks and a network is around 100-200 people.

Cheers

Marc

I ended up deleting (disabling actually as they don't let you delete it!) my Facebook account. I got sick of invites from people which required me to install yet another addon that allowed someone to sell my personal information to anyone they wanted just so I could get a "virtual beer" or complete a quiz. I also got sick of people adding me as a friend when I hardly knew them and real friends suggesting I add someone else who I don't like!

I can see your point drelly though I have connected with a few web site owners over in Europe and US and we talk quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I have seen loads of Kiwis on Facebook. I have not linked to old school mates as I cannot remember their names and I didn't reach Uni. But I can see through my FB friends their own networks and a network is around 100-200 people.
    Facebook, bebo and myspace are probably exceptions (you listed 50 odd above). And what if half your friends are on bebo and half on Facebook. You really need them all in the same site.

Even then, on facebook I have a lot of friends, mainly from when I was overseas. They are far more active than my NZ friends. People in the US with iphones and unlimited data plans probably use them even more.

I think they have their use. Linkedin I see as very powerful business tool but isn't used much in my industry (in NZ). I am sure in the US, it is used alot.

An interesting article in the Herald recently:

Software companies have been busy lately talking up the potential of social networking tools to boost productivity in the workplace.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10545234
    Lisa

Thread Information