Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are "withholding income" or "holding income"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are "withholding income" or "holding income"?

I come across these terms in some recent ads. I tried Google but could not find any explanation. It was used in the context of indicating current rental income, and I have a feeling that the current rental income will not hold for too long.

Holding Income until 31 March 2009

Close to CBD in Industrial one zoning. Good street frontage, with rear entrance to yard area. Main building approx 300 sq.m. Plus 2 smaller units at rear each approx 60 sq.m. Currently fully tenanted on casual leases. Holding income approx $34,800 Plenty of potential to improve the income from this site

Withholding income of $50,000 per annum from current tenant

It means it's more of a development site, but there is income available while you hold it until you plan and commence the redevelopment.

A cynic might say it's a term thats used to describe a property with a weak lease and a really crap yeild!

Comment

Yeah it means it's only returning $50k pa but they want $2 million!

So the income is considered to be a temporary thing (and the property's value is not related to it) that will help things along whilst you do whatever you're going to do with it to turn it into a pearler.

There is withholding tax but no such thing as withholding income as far as I know. Just a typo I think, the 2 words 'with' and 'holding' next to eachother with the space missing.

David
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
      X