Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing in India

Hi everyone,

My parents are from india, while i was born here in new zealand, ive been to india paticularly the state of gujarat 5 to 6 times, but only recently began thinking about investing overseas. My parents own some farm land, and a village home, but no investment property thats rented or anything like that.

I want to begin researching whats involved in investing in property there. im a new zealand born citizen with a new zealand passport, i have applied and recieved an overseas citizen of india permit (OCI) just a few months ago, so i have a few Indian rights (not sure about property purchases).

Is there anyone here that currently invests in india that would be keen to meet up for lunch / coffee / beer (my shout ofcourse, for taking up your valuble time) so i can jot down a few pointers. if noone there does, maybe let me know of where to look, or who to ask for advice.

Thanks

Mechatronic

Mechatronic,

I hope somebody answers your call. As a matter of interest, please do post the result of any findings, we would all be interested as to the intricacies of property investing in India and the state of the market, I'm sure.

Regards,

Comment

I suggest that you need to study their economic condition first since we are all affected by it before you decide to invest in india.

Comment

India as we all know is the second country in the world with the highest number of population. I guess, investing is all about taking research and study about the perfect location of the property that will give you benefits/profit, it is vital to know their living status and the economy trend as well. Like in Bangkok, Bangkok is slowly recovering from the downfall which leads to higher demand of office spaces that is a sign for real estate industry growth.

Comment

Dear Mechatronic,

I am new to this forum and this thread caught my eye. I work as a portfolio consultant for an overseas proprety investment firm.

I know in the last two years Indian real estate has witnessed immense growth partially due to increase in the demand and access to funds were the key drivers for propelling the Indian real estate market into an overdrive, followed closely by china.

Send me a private message and give me a quick brief of what you are looking for exactly, in which area and what your budget it. Thankfully I know quite a few people in the know.

James

Comment

Originally posted by JMCI View Post
            I work as a portfolio consultant for an overseas proprety investment firm.

Thankfully I know quite a few people in the know.

James

Hello James,

Do you work on behalf the developers of these units or your clients?
            IE; who pays you?

On your website you quote the cost of the Continent Fairways in Borocay from USD 42,900.
            Is this the full price?
            IE; can a unit actually be bought for this price?

Thanks
            SB

Comment

This commentator seems to think India is worth investing in.

Comment

I think India is the best option actually.If we talk about the Mumbai it is the city of businessmen which gives best opportunity for Property investement point of view Benefit of investing in real estate is that assets value always increase .

Comment

India as we all know is the second country in the world with the highest number of population. If we invest in India it is best for us.

Comment

Wow! India is a developing country, there will be alot of alienware invest in India!

Comment

It is good time for foreigner investor to invest in Indian real estate market. Contact to reputed real estate companies in India they will definitely guide you in this process.

Comment

Are you sure about investing in Indian property market? To me Europe seems much more promising market

Comment

The problem with investing in developing nations is currency fluctuations

Comment

Fundamentally, it's not a bad idea, but I wouldn't invest in property.
                            What I mean by fundamentally is that India is essentially the next china only better.
                            I say better because India has nearly as many people, but is a democracy and has strong intellectual property rights.
                            It also has demographics on it's side.
                            I have been waiting a while to invest in India, but I will be buying blue chip stocks, not property.
                            India should be due to begin a massive economic upswing in about 2022 if it's demographics are anything to go by. I read a great book about it once, I think it was by Gary Shilling.

Comment

Working...
                            X