Auckland council rates valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland council rates valuations

I'm not kidding, the valuations in our street in Mt Wellington have risen on average 20%. I wonder how they did the math?

Isn't that 20% over the last 3 years
    Nigel Turner

Comment

They decided they wanted 20% more rates and valued accordingly!

David
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I have looked at several around the city. I have seen them range from +26% to -16%
        We Buy Houses | Sell Your House Fast - No Fees, No Stress

Comment

Tricked

Originally posted by Baby Boomer View Post
          I'm not kidding, the valuations in our street in Mt Wellington have risen on average 20%. I wonder how they did the math?
          Its simple, Quotable Valuation are an independent Australian Company that are manipulated by the very rich property groups and probably the council aswell and thats how the lawyers removed my protection clauses allowing my own bank to find Quotable Valuations value dating back three years when they say they can't value any property for me that hasn't had three months of sales - the primary reason not to buy from the plans, buy bricks mortar and wood!
          Now consider all the apartments built recently and sold this way and see how they developed a false market valuation which doesn't reflect in the value of anyones property at the moment. Auckland City Council love them doing this so they can charge more rates and with my original purchase valued for rates at $350,000 last October 2007 and now they revalued again at $280,000 which I think is $30,000-$50,000 about its real worth who benefits.
          I tried to inform the Commerce Commision of this as I firmly believe it is Fraud but one voice never gets heard!

Comment

Remember that valuations sets your portion of the rates in comparison to everyone elses portion. To raise rates in total, the councils just need to vote (ie. that dont need to raise valuations).

Actual valuations from QV is quite a separate matter to the valuations for rating purposes.

Comment

Not totally true CJ as they are using a valuation three years old to ask for my money and yet you see rates have been revalued each year and the current valuation I just received is well above it's worth which the Auckland City Council are quick to take advantage of before the real value is exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalice888 View Post
                Not totally true CJ as they are using a valuation three years old to ask for my money and yet you see rates have been revalued each year and the current valuation I just received is well above it's worth which the Auckland City Council are quick to take advantage of before the real value is exposed.
                The ACC doesn't care what your valuation is as they receive the same total amount. If you are being overcharged, someone is being undercharged. Your valuation/sum of all valuations determines you percentage of the total budget.

Comment

Agreed: The GV only affects the distribution of rates, not the total amount (which makes you wonder why all that money is spent on it).

There is an objection procedure, which is reasonably inexpensive

Comment

When you get the property part way through a financial year the ACC (not the injury one but one that ruins your health) has the check to use the highest old valuation which is well out of tune to the rest of properties that have a sales history so we pay far more of a share in rates than the rest of the ratepayers. Do you all pay the high price like that promoted out of town to us even by your real estate companies, lawyer come estate agents and other pressure sales organisations - I doubt it so you show how you don't understand the difference!
                    Add to that they charge for things like Rubbish Collection which is fully included already in our body-corp handling so ACC try to double-dip and still haven't bothered to send a corrected rates summary yet ( I have been overseas watching 9 people die of cancer & returned to my partners sister dieing the next day aswell as finding two other friends dead from cancer too, all that time no reply from ACC) and they don't care about the ratepayers to improve how they handle this so complaints would only hit deaf ears.
                    Now to get back to the reason for this thread, it's about how Quotable Valuation have increased valuations when everyone knows property is dropping in value. The only thing to mean QV ups values is their own unreasonable valuation originally on apartments sales last year that were sold vertually totally by sellers committing banks to use QV valuations from three years before when city valuations were a lot higher and some prediction in increased value from then till the sale time had already been added but as we all know such properties dropped over this time and QV valuation was the final trap which all but watertight contracts were forced to sell with the use of them! Now your property is based on this false increase in overall sales which forces up your valuation even on an existing property paying rates already prior to this.
                    Last edited by Jalice888; 25-10-2008, 04:10 PM. Reason: Getting back to the thread topic.

Comment

Whats the latest?

Has anyone found better or much worse experience about these rates? I still haven't had a change to my rates after demanding a revaluation, all Auckland City Council have done is another person in their rates section just ignore other communication and send a reminder that they still want a full payment of more than twice the real worth valuation of rates. When you know the value of your property you can put this into an 'Objection To Valuation' on the Auckland City Council website here; http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...objections.asp
                      Remember if you pay the full rate demand then the council collect lots of interest on your money and never repay a single cent interest for the time they have it. I worked out the right amount and payed a bit on the high side to be safer - thus I make interest from my money, not Auckland City Council.

Comment

Interestingly the GV on my place is exactly the same as when it was built in 1993.

Comment

i have very little experience in the auckland real estate market and finding the CV values very helpful in understanding perceived values

i like the way that it is broken down into land value and improvements value(house)

just been looking at 2 old villas a few km from each other

both have similar land values $500k and $480k

the 1 that has been beautifully restored inside and has a 2 bedroom granny flat below has an improvements value of $420,000, leading to a total valuation of $920,000

the other is pretty much untouched and needs a lot of work, it has an improvements value of $200k and a total CV$620k

knowing that the valuers probably haven't seen inside to see how good the 1st is and how poor the 2nd is would lead me to bid much lower than $620k if i were interested in the cheaper 1

but both are too expensive anyway(
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

Time has moved on and the Auckland City Council has contacted me to explain their uncontrolable charges. From that information it's clear they want to further bankrupt the thousands of people scammed into apartment purchasers - they ignore QV Vauations and charge by the rent you receive. i.e. they take about 5 weeks rent solely as rates and even double charge for rubbish disposal after Body-Corps charge it as part of fees with Paid Rubbish Removal companies. On top of this they will let any developer break height restrictions to allow more developments destroy the wealth of all existing property.
                            Also the Auckland Regional Council take another week off our income / losses! Consider then what wealth is about when out-of-control body-corp secretaries have too much control and take another 24 or so weeks rent worth of body-corp levies .

As far as QV valauations go, lets all demand Auckland City Council sack those QV idiots and work out values themselves from sales in the area that they have that information already on their files. Save rate rises to make property values reliable like they were twenty five years ago!!

Comment

I agree with Jalice. QV and the council simply plugged these inflated sale prices into their system. As a result, potential purchasers, doing a cross-check, were duped into to paying 100s of thousands for LEASEHOLD properties.

Comment

Working...
                              X