Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the recovery of all recoveries

Welcome to the recovery of all recoveries

Property Market activity is about to go through the roof.
    The bottom is dropping out of interest rates with a massive unprecedented 1% OCR drop predicted for next month.

What!!!!! where did you hear this from?
    Nigel Turner

Comment

What drugs are you on? There is no way on earth they'd drop by 1% in one hit. Not a chance.

Comment

Even if it did, it wouldn't spark the property market in to life.

The banks haven't got any money they are willing to lend.
        DFTBA

Comment

and punters still think prices are going to fall - not everyone can join the dots like the people on this forum!

Come on Dan Dan, whats the juice?
          two ears and just one mouth.. for good reason.

Comment

HATS OFF TO DAN DAN!

On what is usually a most negative, dreary read about doom and gloom Dan Dan has finally given us something to cheer about. While it is certainly against the grain looking back at his other predictions you would have to say he knows a thing or two.

From what I can gather he is only saying the activity will pick up not neccessarily a big spike in prices. There is certainly a lot more positive news in the press and he got the rate cuts right last time.

He also showed the economists to be the flip floppers that they are and predicted that fixed and floating would come down across the board.

The reality is that the RB is determined to go for growth and if liquidity is an issue that just forces him to drop rates further to make up for the difference in what is borrowed offshore.

Whatever it certainly makes better reading!

I wouldn't be that quick to discount him/her/it

Comment

OK, Paul. I'll put my money where my mouth is and bet you $100 that the RB does not reduce rates by 1% in one hit next month.

Comment

Even if rates drop by another 1% next month (they won't) I doubt that will be enough t turn the fortunes of the residential sector at the moment.

Comment

I'm an investor not a gambler

That said good on you for given the thread some life. I suggest that we make it more interesting.

Lets say that he will drop below 0.5 or below or above 0.5.

For the sake of the bet I will say above (my own wisdom would say 0.5).

But lets say $20 so more people can come in. Those above and those below.

We use the voting thing as a way of tracking bets. I don't know how to set it up so someone else will need to do that.

THOSE WHO LOSE: Must pay their $20 to a charity of the PT founders/moderators choice. That way people can stay ananomous and we will know the amount to be paid by the votes. Don't vote unless you want to pay! (PT to supply the bank details)

So put me down for $20 for overs

Comment

Originally posted by k1w1 View Post
                    OK, Paul. I'll put my money where my mouth is and bet you $100 that the RB does not reduce rates by 1% in one hit next month.
                    $100, K1w1 you got gutts. Who told you the OCR wasn't going to drop by 1%?
                    Last edited by dandan; 16-09-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

dandan he definitely packs some

do you have them too, or are you trying to dodge a hardhitting bullet with a witty albeit rude comeback?

I don't think we'll take YOU and your testicle size seriously if you can't raise k1k1 by another $100 - at least.

Comment

Originally posted by roseneath_rat View Post
                        Even if rates drop by another 1% next month (they won't) I doubt that will be enough t turn the fortunes of the residential sector at the moment.
                        So you're saying 1% isn't enough to turn the fortunes of the residential sector? Nice to see you are predicting a drop bigger than 1%?.
                        Last edited by dandan; 16-09-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                          What!!!!! where did you hear this from?
                          From me, it's the way I see it. Do you hear different?

Comment

dandan

Originally posted by dandan View Post
                            So you're saying 1% isn't enough to turn the fortunes of the residential sector? Nice to see you are predicting a drop bigger than 1%. You got balls, Rat.
                            Once again, do YOU have any?

Comment

cash back into property

if they do it will just be another reason to take cash reserves and purchase real estate - baby boomers can just buy residential real estate outright rather than putting it under their mattress

can anyone get a bet on?

Comment

Working...
                              X