No announcement yet.

Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m still cost averaging the s&p 500. Working out ok atm. 28% up as of today.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• China gone, Germany gone, now Japan, whos next its a domino effect..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	455
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	737638

Comment

• Originally posted by chook View Post

Could be a lot more than 20%, I suspect it will be at least triple that..

Views:	490
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	737629

VIX is cheap

Comment

China gone, Germany gone, now Japan, whos next its a domino effect..

Views:	455
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	737638
          UK officially in recession or negative gdp, Europe likely in recession.

Comment

• The fundamental problem with the financial armageddon scenario

One has to predict accurately when the sharemarket/ housing market is going to fall 50 to 80 % from its current peak

Easier said than done, if you cash out, and the markets keep moving higher for years you lose hundreds of thousands or millions in lost capital growth

Now, let's say you time it, and the market is pricing a major correction, is cash the safest strategy? It's safe but as we have seen the devaluation of it's purchasing power by 20% since 2019, so its not really that great an investment

You have to re invest into a dooms day investment,

What's that?

A very low return possibly 1 to 3% annualized return, which is better than losing 20% in cash devaluation

What do you need in a dooms day scenario, food, water, "shelter" fuel, transportation.

That's your alternative investment, now see the future, and figure out when to go all in!!

Then of course, it could flip and the sharemarkets and housing market recover in 24 months, and you are left with safe investments returning only 1 to 3 percent .

Nothing is ever black and white in the investment world...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
              The fundamental problem with the financial armageddon scenario

One has to predict accurately when the sharemarket/ housing market is going to fall 50 to 80 % from its current peak

Easier said than done, if you cash out, and the markets keep moving higher for years you lose hundreds of thousands or millions in lost capital growth

Now, let's say you time it, and the market is pricing a major correction, is cash the safest strategy? It's safe but as we have seen the devaluation of it's purchasing power by 20% since 2019, so its not really that great an investment

You have to re invest into a dooms day investment,

What's that?

A very low return possibly 1 to 3% annualized return, which is better than losing 20% in cash devaluation

What do you need in a dooms day scenario, food, water, "shelter" fuel, transportation.

That's your alternative investment, now see the future, and figure out when to go all in!!

Then of course, it could flip and the sharemarkets and housing market recover in 24 months, and you are left with safe investments returning only 1 to 3 percent .

Nothing is ever black and white in the investment world...
              This is all correct. I have some very 'safe' investments that are earning me 0% for the last few years and I am talking a lot of $$ here. But I would rather miss out on a small $$ than lose the lot,
              On the other hand if there is a complete meltdown, then some of the 0% investments I have will make me ridiculously rich...ha he hahaha whoo hoo (Uncontrolled & hysterical laughter) So you have to be boring, have big balls and be slightly crazy to get rich in this world.

Comment

[...] I have some very 'safe' investments that are earning me 0% for the last few years and I am talking a lot of $$ here. [...].
                Do share more about these 'safe investments'.

Doomsday there's no internet so one excludes banking systems, even de-centralised ones like bit coin.

Some like precious metals, others suggest you need to get ready to barter, so holding practical physical goods which can be exchanged is the play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanya View Post

Do share more about these 'safe investments'.

Doomsday there's no internet so one excludes banking systems, even de-centralised ones like bit coin.

Some like precious metals, others suggest you need to get ready to barter, so holding practical physical goods which can be exchanged is the play.
                  You have said it all above Sanya..

Comment

• This was one of the banks that bought out another collapsing smaller bank a short while ago, a lot of S#*t to go down yet folks we only just getting started, get ready for the rug pull..

Views:	250
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	737963

Comment

• Does this belong under Financial Armageddon or the comedy section ?

Reading International shares this week were trading on the Nasdaq for US$1.82, a precipitous 90 per cent decline from 2019, and it now has a market capitalisation of just US$38m.

Enter Wellington City council....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/philan...ON7R3XXHPPNOE/

The council plans to buy the land underneath the Wellington cinema for $32 million, money which the cinema would use to redevelop the building.

Reading’s annual rent would cover the council’s costs making it fiscally neutral to ratepayers but Reading could buy back the land for the council’s original purchase price within the first 10 years.

​Pannett said the deal was a wealth transfer to some already very wealthy people.

“I do believe this is corporate welfare, generally I believe property developers should be going to the bank.”

Councillor Ray Chung said: “This is the worst commercial deal I have ever seen.”

Comment

• This is very important and something I have been telling certain people for the last couple of years..a 30 year old today was 14 years old during the GFC, and knows nothing of what went down. The scary part is this one is going to be much worse..

A lot of people are not prepared..

Views:	157
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	738490

Comment

• Warning,.. Be prepared for the next wave of inflation which is now incoming..

This secondary wave could be bigger than the first..

Could post a graph but cant be bothered..

Comment

Warning,.. Be prepared for the next wave of inflation which is now incoming..

This secondary wave could be bigger than the first..

Could post a graph but cant be bothered..
                            3..2…1…Done! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	738530

Comment

• Oh Shite!

Views:	87
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	738536

Comment

• Hi All,

^^ I have found a link that explains all.

"All of the following factors appear to be inflationary: ongoing fiscal spending, remilitarization of the world, restructuring of global trade, capital needs of the new green economy, and possibly higher energy costs," Mr Dimon wrote in this year's letter.
                                The latest US inflation figures, are due to be published on Wednesday, with the CPI measure of inflation expected to rise to 3.4% year-on-year, up from 3.2% in February and perhaps making it harder to justify rate cuts.
                                Plan for the worst, but hope for the best.

regards,

Donna
                                Jamie Dimon, the boss of JPMorgan Chase, said the bank is preparing for both rate cuts and rises.
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X