Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a newbie to Whiskey Austro.
    My wife wisely suggested changing from Champagnes to Whiskeys because I wouldn't need to drink the whole bottle in one night.

So after 6 months I'm slowing getting a little bit of a pallet for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
      I'm a newbie to Whiskey Austro.
      My wife wisely suggested changing from Champagnes to Whiskeys because I wouldn't need to drink the whole bottle in one night.

Good technique switching from Champagne to Whiskey...... I suspect this is an urban myth but boy do I wish it were true.....Whiskey is a negative food it takes more calories to digest than it has! Only thing is Whiskey on Average is more expensive than Champagne ( at least the drinkable whiskeys!!!).

What amazes me is that not that many women like whiskey, as wine goes with cheese: Whiskey goes with Chocolate.......try a sip of Laphroig followed by a rich dark chocolate......
      The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• funny you should say that Austro. I just had a Glem Morangie with some dark chocolate tonight.

I was told to try Laphroig so I will have to get some.

Not sure about the cost basis compared to the Champagnes I drink but then Champagne is severely overpriced here in Nz.

Comment

• You Whaaaaaat?

Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
          I'm a newbie to Whiskey . . . So after 6 months I'm slowing getting a little bit of a pallet for it.
          Jees, I nearly choked on my blue vein cheese, cracker
          and sweet white, when I read that.

Terry, you really must let your lady proof your posts. Truly.

palate = the roof of the mouth which is implicated in conveying
          information about the sensory nature of the mouth contents
          (aka 'taste buds')

pallet = a portable platform, usually wooden, for storing or moving
          goods that are stacked on it

After a bit of a pallet of the stuff, you shouldn't
          even be able to find the keyboard, let alone use it.

Comment

• Lol.... I'm glad you didn't choke on that delightful combination.

A sticky and a nice blue....mmmm yum.

I could pretend it was a deliberate pun however everyone knows my spelling is atrocious.
            Last edited by Perry; 21-04-2009, 11:18 PM. Reason: removed quoted text

Comment

• A Pallet of the 2000 bottling of 1975 Ardbeg................. what a way to go!!!!!!.........bankrupt and pickled
              The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• I was laughing too Perry. After a pallet of whiskey he'd be dead, happy but dead :-)

Comment

• Well he did say it was only a little pallet, and after 6 months he's only slowing.....when you have a near new-born in the house, Whiskey is good for more than the usual applications

Comment

• So new born babe with old born whiskey's
                    the way-to-go, is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                      I'm a newbie to Whiskey Austro.

you know what's real scary?

japanese whiskey could now be called the world's best!

a few years ago they won the title of best blended

but recently got best single malt!

have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

• Imitation may well be the sincerest form
                        of flattery, but that's just taking it too far!

Comment

• OMG next the Germans will win the prize for making the best champagne, using zweigelt.

I understand Suntory distillery used one of the main Whiskey Gurus as a consultant........

That same consultant has generally been disappointed with NZ distillations............. He says they are like German Whiskey.......I gained the impression He thought NZ has a lot of potential with its water and climate...........just seems NZ Whiskey makers haven't got the technique right yet!!!

Comment

• Whiskey? We can't even make decent (mainstream) beer!
                            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• Nothing wrong with a Lion Red mate.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• You're kidding right? Even most big brand beers in NZ are now awful since they have started being brewed here. The Heineken ad that says "It tastes exactly the same" is total rubbish. It tastes nothing like Heineken in Europe and tastes like it's brewed for Lion Red drinkers!
                                You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Working...
                                X